Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 0.0 is achievable
RE: AHI 0.0 is achievable
(04-06-2013, 07:39 PM)okiegal61 Wrote: I downloaded the sleephead software, have not opened it yet, but I read something about a patch. Where would I find that?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI 0.0 is achievable - Maybe - NOT SO FAST
(03-28-2013, 11:06 AM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: I'm so happy, I finally achieved a perfect nights sleep according to my S9 Autoset data.

I finally got a chin strap and together with my newer Wisp mask I finally got an AHI reading of 0.0

I am quickly learning that apparently even If your AHI is supposedly 0.0 it doesn't seem to take into account the occurrence of CENTRAL apnea. The readings I'm getting seem to indicate that they are listed separately. So even on nights when I have a low AHI, the central index seems unrelated. Can anyone confirm this? I know I might be reading it wrong.
Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the AHI includes all apnea events (central, obstructive, unknown) as well as hypopneas. The Autoset includes all of them in the data.

If you are looking at the onscreen sleep quality report, it may have them divided up to indicate what you had.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 10:53 AM)Ugly Wrote: I think my stats are AHI 0.4; AI 0.4; CAI 0.1

(04-06-2013, 11:09 PM)Ugly Wrote: I am quickly learning that apparently even If your AHI is supposedly 0.0 it doesn't seem to take into account the occurrence of CENTRAL apnea. The readings I'm getting seem to indicate that they are listed separately. So even on nights when I have a low AHI, the central index seems unrelated.

Hi Sean,

Rounding error can sometimes make it look like the AHI does not include the CAI, but I think the AHI reported by the ResMed S9 series machines includes all apneas and hypopneas, of whatever type.

For example, if the reported statistics were AHI 0.4; AI 0.4; CAI 0.1, it may look like the AHI includes only the obstructive AI and not the CAI.

But the full detail may have been Apnea Hypopnea Index 0.44 (rounded to 0.4); Obstructive Apnea Index 0.36 (rounded to 0.4); Central Apnea Index 0.08 (rounded to 0.1), Hypopnea Index 0.0; Unknown type Apnea Index 0.0

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
S9 AutoSet and Elite Only

I don,t normally have all types of apnea in one night but here is an example to illustrate the point

Obstructive = 0.4
Central = 0.1
Unknown = 0.0
Hpopnea Index = 0.4

Apnea Index (Obstructive + Central + Unknown)
Apnea Index = 0.4 + 0.1 + 0.0 = 0.5

AHI = Apnea Index + Hyponea Index
AHI = 0.5 + 0.4
AHI = 0.9

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2013, 02:03 AM)vsheline Wrote: For example, if the reported statistics were AHI 0.4; AI 0.4; CAI 0.1, it may look like the AHI includes only the obstructive AI and not the CAI.

But the full detail may have been Apnea Hypopnea Index 0.44 (rounded to 0.4); Obstructive Apnea Index 0.36 (rounded to 0.4); Central Apnea Index 0.08 (rounded to 0.1),

This behavior is the source of the quip
"2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2". Too-funny
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried to instal the SleepyHead program, and patch, Kind of Challenged in this area, Oh-jeez

It said to replace this "patch" file the the standatd .exe directory, or something like that..

mmm , not sure what to do here.

Thanks for you help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Says mingwm10.dll file was not found, when I tried to open patch .exe what ever it was. , that file is there. I was able to open the program before I installed the patch, and its said no data, and I tried to import it,
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to be computer savvy enough to know how to find the executable file and replace it with the patch. Do you have any experience copying and pasting files from one folder to another on your hard drive? If so, that's what you have to do in this case.

Maybe you have a neighbor or friend who can do it for you? It takes less than one minute to do, so it's not like you're asking for a HUGE favor.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I know how to copy and paste files. I guess I will uninstall both, and try to re-install them in the next couple days. Maybe I was not paying attention on what to do to get it working. Thanks for you help. Hope I am not bothering you, I dont want to be a pain, I have learned so much here. I will let you know if I get it working, I am sure, I will have more questions if I do, and also, more questions, if I cant get it working.

Again, Thanks for you help Sleepster !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "0" Events Achievable? 2tired2sleep 28 12,955 04-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.