Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 0.0 is achievable
RE: AHI 0.0 is achievable
If you were able to open SleepyHead before you applied the patch, then all you have to do is copy and paste the patch file, replacing the original SleepyHead file.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, sleepster, I will try to do that this weekend. Been a hectic week. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is a score of 7.0 normal for the first night? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2013, 10:26 AM)tekis Wrote: Is a score of 7.0 normal for the first night?

It's not shocking, but ultimately you want it consistently under 5.0. And some of us feel better the closer we get to zero. Lots of people have higher AHIs at the beginning as they adjust to sleeping with a leaf blower in their face. You will also probably find you need to tweak the pressure and other settings, but don't do it yet - one night is not enough data to see what is going on.

In the meantime, look at the rest of the data like your leak rate, how high the pressure went and what were the 95% numbers.

Also, try to avoid taking a nap during the day so you will be really tired when you go to bed tonight.

And above all, you need massive doses of patience. Some people take to this thing like ducks to water and others sometimes take months to get with the program. I wish doctors could give us a patience pill.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2013, 10:43 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 10:26 AM)tekis Wrote: Is a score of 7.0 normal for the first night?

It's not shocking, but ultimately you want it consistently under 5.0. And some of us feel better the closer we get to zero. Lots of people have higher AHIs at the beginning as they adjust to sleeping with a leaf blower in their face. You will also probably find you need to tweak the pressure and other settings, but don't do it yet - one night is not enough data to see what is going on.

In the meantime, look at the rest of the data like your leak rate, how high the pressure went and what were the 95% numbers.

Also, try to avoid taking a nap during the day so you will be really tired when you go to bed tonight.

And above all, you need massive doses of patience. Some people take to this thing like ducks to water and others sometimes take months to get with the program. I wish doctors could give us a patience pill.

Months of rough 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night?! Okay. I usually am unable to take a nap during the day, but sometimes I get uncontrollably tired after dinner. Then, I might sleep for about an hour and it feels better than any sleeping that I'll do at night. Anyway, the leak rate was "25L/min" and the pressure was "10.4".
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2013, 11:00 AM)tekis Wrote: Months of rough 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night?! Okay. I usually am unable to take a nap during the day, but sometimes I get uncontrollably tired after dinner. Then, I might sleep for about an hour and it feels better than any sleeping that I'll do at night. Anyway, the leak rate was "25L/min" and the pressure was "10.4".

That will improve. Maybe slowly, maybe quickly. For some people progress is fast, for others it's at a snail's pace. But the good news is we are drastically reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke and doing our bodies a huge favor.

AHI of 7.0 is not bad at all for the first night. You need at least a week to see how it's averaging out.

Your leak rate is bordering on high. You might want to ask your equipment provider for a chin strap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 19.2 at the one week mark. I have a very unproductive week. This just doesn't feel right at all...
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI trippled last night to just over 3............. which is a very good number in itself. I hope to get closer to the elusive 0 AHI.......

I am sure Lots of variables affect our AHI.Thinking-about

One thing I noticed, is that yesterday I was out in a field with the wind blowing sand and grass; my nose was stuffed up last night.......Huh

On other nights when I have had higher AHI's, they often have been preceded by a day to which I was exposed to either chemicals, smoke or other irritants.....Sad

What others have found relating to irritants and AHI?

Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't use the CPAP last night. Though I didn't sleep great, I feel better than any other day this week--way better. I'm going to get something done today instead of feeling run-down.Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2013, 01:07 PM)tekis Wrote: I didn't use the CPAP last night. Though I didn't sleep great, I feel better than any other day this week--way better. I'm going to get something done today instead of feeling run-down.Big Grin

Hi tekis,

Don't give up on PAP treatment now.

You have a great machine (fully data capable). Using ResScan or SleepyHead will let you see what has been happening during your sleep.

John, I encourage you to make the effort to get one or both programs installed.

By reviewing the data from your past week you can learn much about what has been going wrong during your sleep.

Learning exactly what has been going on while you sleep will be an important step toward getting your sleep problems solved.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "0" Events Achievable? 2tired2sleep 28 12,955 04-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.