Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 15.91 on first full night of CPAP
RE: AHI 15.91 on first full night of CPAP
And wear the mask during the day for short sessions while doing something for distraction, such as reading or watching TV. It'll help you accept the mask quicker and allow you to tolerate it better when you lie down to sleep. It also gives some insight into any leak problem you may have and allows some experimenting with the mask tension to get optimal adjustment.

Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI 15.91 on first full night of CPAP
(10-03-2016, 05:05 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ...
So leave the pressure alone and instead deal with everything else.
1. how's the mask working out?
2. how is the humidity level?
3. is your machine in a safe place each night?
1. The mask seems to be working out well.
2. I am unsure of humidity level. CPAP is set on auto for the first 2 weeks of trial. Funny though, the water level remains the same in morning as night before. I am not sure if humidity is working or not. Should this be automatically working on this machine?
3. Yup, on night stand next to my side.

So, first night was quite a shock. Second night I think I was trying to breath with the machine rather than "natural". Last night was much better I think. Went to sleep quite late (my fault - new series on Netflex I am apparently addicted to) so got 7 hours with AHI of 10, so was an improvement from 30 to 15 to 10. Going in right direction.

I am actually looking forward to putting the CPAP machine on with anticipation that this is beneficial for me. My little girl has a little mask she got from hospital from an asthma treatment not long ago and she cuddled up a couple nights ago and we both went to sleep with masks on Big Grin - of course we took hers off when she fell asleep. She did not want to go in her room as she wanted to make sure dad was okay!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 453 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,067 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,457 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 322 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.