Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 7.9 need help adjusting
AHI 7.9 need help adjusting
Hi, 
So i have my screen shots.Can someone give me some good feed back, this was from last night. My Dr gave me the cpap with settings 4 -13 with epr off. I Lowered it because was very difficult at first to tolerate such a high pressure and turned epr to 3,it is becoming easier.  If there are screen shots I am missing please let me know. Thanks Thanks Guys

https://imgur.com/a/zJeZg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI 7.9 need help adjusting
This is pretty straight-forward; your pressure is too low, and is undermined by excessive use of EPR.  It's fine to take some time to adapt to the therapy, but you need to move this up as you become more comfortable with the feeling of pressure.  Obstructive apnea is treated in bilevel by the exhale pressure, or in your case, by the pressure minus EPR.  With your current settings, your maximum EPAP pressure is 7.6 and it's not enough.  You can either reduce EPR to increase the EPAP, or increase the maximum pressure.  Either or both will work, but until you do your obstructive apnea rate will be unacceptably high.  To keep your EPR at 3 and still meet your doctor's prescription, your maximum pressure would need to be about 16 cm.  That said, this is likely a significant improvement over your untreated results and will benefit your health; however you will not realize the full benefits of the therapy until your pressure is higher. I encourage you to increase your minimum pressure to 7 and maximum to 15 if you plan to continue using EPR at 3. Keep in mind your EPAP pressure at 7.0 is still only 4-cm.

Take a closer look at those respiratory flow spikes around 04:50 to 05:30. That is respiratory distress (recovery breathing) you are causing yourself due to unreasonably low pressure.

[Image: gBrmlpw.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow ...ok I will drop EPR down to 2 And bump up the min and maximum pressures and see what happens. So if I drop EPR to 2 do you still think 7 and 15 are the magic numbers.
I get excited to see my results in the morning. How long does it take for blood pressure and other health problems to resolve,or do they resolve?
Post Reply Post Reply
Would I benifit better from a bipap?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't think so, your tidal volume and RR are fine, you aren't using that high of a pressure. I would just keep increasing the pressure till the events cleared, 7-15 is a good place to start.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome ..I will do it tonight and post results, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure set from 7 to 15 will produce EPAP from 5 to 13. I think that will work very well. It will be interesting to see where pressure settles out. Sorry about all the bilevel information in the first post, just TMI. All you need to do is have enough pressure in the settings to prevent obstruction. Everything else in your results is actually very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel now Justbreath?
I would think you should get there with just a bit of tweaking.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
OK pretty rough night, the adjustments seemed to be too much air . it seemed once the pressure got high it stayed high , mask seemed to be having air escaping and i also swallowed some air because my stomach feels like it. i did try to titrate myself downward 3 times ,but failed miserably. Dont-know
here are my screen shots, any ideas? looks like the centrals kicked in which doesnt surprise me because i knew i had about a 50/50 ratio, was surprised though that all of my previous nights showed little to none.

dec 26th  

https://imgur.com/a/BC7Rn

last night

https://imgur.com/a/XvoRT
Post Reply Post Reply
Justbreath, did you have a titration study? If so it would help to see the results. Your most recent results showed the emergence of complex apnea when your pressure went above 10 cm, so that was an unexpected result and something we want to avoid. At this point, you're showing a relatively high rate of obstructive apnea with maximum pressure at 8.4, and a lot of mixed apnea above that threshold. In fact, your best results are when you are at or near your starting pressure of 5.

I'm starting to see your results as a possible complex apnea, and your maximum pressure needs to be kept to 6.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 103 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,178 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 572 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 7 888 07-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin need help adjusting settings CPAP overzero 11 981 07-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.