Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 7.9 need help adjusting
RE: AHI 7.9 need help adjusting
Justbreath:  Have you tried a Cervical Collar to extend (lift) the chin, a lot of people find that it helps reduce OA events, as for me, I never had OA until I put on a FFM and the strap pulled my chin downwards.  Once I  put on a collar my OA events went to zero but left the CA events out there and made it easier to demonstrate the need for a BiPAP and then ASV titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys I’m going to get my dr to get me that asv resmed, kinda pisses me off cuz this dr knew my history an still gave me the apap, now my deductible is going to start over and I’m gonna have to sell some stuff to try to come up with that kinda money, but I can do it?, I will let you guys know, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hojo,
No never tried a cervical collar, can u recommend one or a particular brand? Every little thing helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a regular cervical collar, for me the trick was not to get it too large since it isn't treating a neck injury, it just trying to keep the chin up enough to keep the airway straight.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are cheap $10 foam, neck/cervical collar, that come in 3 sizes and available at most drug stores and online
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 103 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 572 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 7 888 07-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin need help adjusting settings CPAP overzero 11 981 07-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.