Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
RE: AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
my spo2 chart with cpap, i had 190 spo2 drops on this screenshot.

[Image: kAGzP3sl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack don't forget the Zzoma sleep position device, the only FDA approved positional device to keep you
from sleeping on your back. prescription required to get it.

FDA-approved positional medical device for the treatment of mild to moderate positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
Designed by a board certified sleep physician to keep you sleeping on your side—normalizing sleep quality while minimizing nighttime disruption and daytime fatigue
A multi-center clinical study, Zzoma was found to be a clinically proven effective treatment for patients with positional OSA
Post Reply Post Reply
you can't blame the cpap for that, as you know it's positional. You have the collar and auto cpap, why don't you use both for a night??
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
went to the doc. got a nurse practitioner and student. they took the sd card and came back,
there faces look like they were going to tell my I'm going to die.
then they said i was non compliant and its going to be hard to get me a new machine?
i then showed them my spo2 chart with just a collar, they were dumfounded.
i said it was only 7 bucks.
they then asked if i had any neck issues, i said no and its the first thing people say to get on the forums.
they have never seen/known that a collar could do that?
i then asked for that Zzoma back device, again they never heard of it?
its the only FDA approved one.
back to non compliant, i used it every night? its because i changed the pressure.
they did not complain about me changing pressure as it gave them lots more info but
they said its going to be hard to get you a new machine unless i do a sleep study?
i stated i do not want one without first doing a new sleep study with collar and back device.
i don't know what machine they wanted me on?
the doc. said its not the o-apneas but the central apneas are the issue.
i am fine on o- apneas? 
then i asked if i should return the cpap or start using it again as i also need a new mask,
the doc. said not to use it and keep it till sleep study is done.
thats it, sleep study is 8/17/17 
oh my oximeter was right on target with theres.
Post Reply Post Reply
DME email update, was told the DME can not recommend/mention anything about cervical collars as they are
not approved for apnea same with chin strap.
they also can not offer any info on sleep hygiene or anything, only inform on cpap use and care.
Post Reply Post Reply
that's ps. they are allowed to supply chin straps! also, ps is that cpap is the solution to central apneas. if you are having them central apneas, that is the wrong machine and they know it. they are probably not allowed to share secretive alpha-knowledge, but shame on them.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
sleep test update, they started me off with bipap 9/5 went way up to 19/15.
it says cheyne stroke started so they switched me to an asv.
4/15/0/20/25
ahi was between 60 and 100 up to 15/11 pressure.
still shows 3.4 ahi with asv.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure things will settle down. You might want to update your profile, and if you'd like us to look at any ASV charts, would be glad to see the improvement. Glad to see you finally got together with the right equipment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my last post on this thread as i am waiting for an ASV pap.
ill link it when i do a new thread.
sleep study was done AUG. 17 still waiting for the ASV, they say they are waiting for approval from medicare?
last cpap took 3 months to get.
look at the sleepyhead charts i posted.
look at all the O apneas in all the charts.
the OA's are from the dream station saying they are OA's on sleepyhead.
sleep study shows no O apneas zero- as i had the surgery for apnea long time ago and they cut everything out and drilled out nose.
i only have hypo apneas and central apneas 
ca's = 51 hypo = 35  OA's =0 per study.
13.5 apneas per hour.
the APAP was reporting OA's wrong i guess?
not sure if they are H or CA's being reported as OA's.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have long suspected much of the OA reported in many members with central apnea. It just seems impossible to see a line of light blue under the purple CA at the same time. Usually a close-up shows most of that is central, but it's really good to hear first hand that your events were not properly reported in the machine data. Good luck getting the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,747 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 141 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 262 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,362 622,140 01-19-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,098 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 330 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How to post OSCAR data? SirFency 1 370 10-30-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.