Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
RE: AHI 9.44 need help getting it down/new post
(07-22-2017, 04:44 PM)chicken Wrote: [Image: bmXzoJ0l.png]

if i had this result, I would still set ramp start at 12, and do fixed pressure at 16, and flex setting to 'off'.  I wouldn't want to yank myself around all night.
object for me would be unpestered sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
and an ahi of 20.3, its the mouth leaks/dry mouth that keep waking me up.
i thought setting it lower 11/15 might help no.
i am taking two days off from cpap till i get my full face mask on tuesday.
it takes 6 days to see the DME to get a new mask.
15/20 pressure seems to be best, ramp should not matter if you only use it once to fall asleep.[Image: Y0SgMTQl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
you would be better off reducing the pressure and using your cpap for now, than not using it at all. When you get your new mask, we all can help you with the fitting and then working out the treatment pressure.

I have bonjour's link below this for mask fit and is well worth a read..
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2017, 01:39 AM)chicken Wrote: its the mouth leaks/dry mouth that keep waking me up.

if so, then pick a single pressure (fixed pressure) that you can keep mouth shut, sleep on your back* so breathing is easiest thru your nose, elevate your upper chest and head above the abdomen, and strap a folded pillow between your chin and chest.

*I found that I can breath through my nose the best when 10 degrees left of straight up.  But, I still wanted to sleep on my left side.  So I slept on my left side, but prop'ed my face's left side by pillow to approximate my best position.

QAL

p.s. it does not look like leaks were significant during the first two awakenings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an air fit 10 full face mask to try and a 10 foot hose.
i like this one as it does not get tighter when you move your head down.
it smells bad of plastic, got it soaking in vinegar water now.
waiting on my neck brace.
i sure did sleep a lot better without the cpap last night.
the nose masks seem far superior to face masks as with a nose mask you have to have your tongue
seal the roof of your mouth witch should keep the tongue from falling back.
I might skip another night on cpap to get my sleep caught up.
i think ill start off with 11/15 pressure with the new mask then go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you are really catching up on sleep by not using the CPAP, then there is no harm in just telling the doctor CPAP doesn't allow you to sleep. See if a couple of weeks without the CPAP helps you be on track, increases your feelings of wellness, and restores your pep. If you really had so little apnea during your test, maybe you are not in a high risk category.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
its not so much as the apnea then the spo2 , i get 300 to 400 spo2 drops of 4% or more for over 10 sec.
spo2 drops to around 85%.
i don't count the charts as accurate as i had nose mask / mouth leaks that wake me up every half hour.
with new full face mask i might get better readings?
a few nights my spo2 drops were only 40 or less.
new mask will see.
Post Reply Post Reply
either we get the cpap working, or it's back to the doctor for the next machine up in the list. At least you will have good data to give to the doctor.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see. reviewing - it is actually the spO2 that doc is using CPAP to test it's effectiveness at reducing the quick drops. got it.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I've read, If the drops are coming from an obstructive cause, then cpap should increase the o2. Depending how high you need to go in pressure, will depend whether you need to swap to bpap. Then you need to see how the CA will go and perhaps swap to an ASV, subject to the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 91 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 121 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 378 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 358 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 631,639 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 2,038 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 224 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.