Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 7 -11
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

AHI All over the place
I have a Bipap Air Curve 10 Auto. My AHI numbers for 14 days are:
9.3, 12.9, 6.3, 5.7,14.2, 9.2, 5, 10.3, 13.3, 10.4, 13.8, 15.4, 13.6, 13.4
Is there any reading I can look for with Sleepy Head or ReScan that would lead me to a setting to change? My Inhale is 11 and Exhale is 7. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jim
01-29-2016 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PoolQ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6.2, 15, PS4.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: AHI All over the place
What is the typical mix of centrals/obstructive?
do you have lots of clusters of events right after you start and just before you wake up?
01-29-2016 01:30 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(01-29-2016 12:48 PM)dragonflyoh Wrote:  I have a Bipap Air Curve 10 Auto. My AHI numbers for 14 days are:
9.3, 12.9, 6.3, 5.7,14.2, 9.2, 5, 10.3, 13.3, 10.4, 13.8, 15.4, 13.6, 13.4
Is there any reading I can look for with Sleepy Head or ReScan that would lead me to a setting to change? My Inhale is 11 and Exhale is 7. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jim

You now have 8 posts, and your member badge has changed from new to member. You can now attach a 512k image or put a link between image tags to a photo sharing website such as Photobucket or imgur.

I suggest your question might be better answered if you would post a graph of leak, flow, pressure and events.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-29-2016 01:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
dragonflyoh Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed Air Curve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: RESMED
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 7 -11
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(01-29-2016 01:30 PM)PoolQ Wrote:  What is the typical mix of centrals/obstructive?
do you have lots of clusters of events right after you start and just before you wake up?
Centrals 8.8 AND Obstructive 2.2. How do I find if I have lots of clusters of events right after I start and just before I wake up?
01-31-2016 05:15 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

For me, my pressure remains about the same until I fall asleep then goes up. And I can tell when I am awake because the flow graph has lots of spikes instead of staying together. I can tell from that when I have events in relation to waking and falling asleep. I almost always have a cluster of OSA events shortly after falling asleep.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-31-2016 06:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(01-31-2016 05:15 PM)dragonflyoh Wrote:  Centrals 8.8 AND Obstructive 2.2.

Hi dragonflyoh,

I think it is fairly common (~30%?) for new CPAP users to experience more than 5 CA events per hour.

As we become more accustomed to CPAP, typically the number of CA events decreases within the first few weeks or months of starting therapy to well less than 5 per hour.

If after a month or two of CPAP use your number of CA events remains higher than 5 per hour of sleep and outnumber your obstructive apneas, and you are still experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness, I would suggest seeking an upgrade to an Adaptive Servo Ventilator (ASV) class of machine, which is able to treat/prevent both obstructive and central events. typically, insurance preauthorization for an "ASV Titration" is required to verify that ASV therapy will reduce your treated RDI significantly or to less than 5.

Or, reducing the amount of Pressure Support (PS) may lower the number of CA events we get. Your machine uses a PS of 4, so you might try lowering PS to 3. (EPAP 7, IPAP 10)

Also, medications and sleeping pills may worsen the number of CA events.

A few have reported that Vitamin C and/or a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil before bedtime helps reduce the number of CA events.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 02:32 AM by vsheline.)
02-01-2016 02:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go FrankNichols 16 800 11-03-2016 07:17 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Any place to donate a used CPAP? KSMatthew 2 232 10-16-2016 01:42 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Best place to buy equipment nzbnate 4 375 07-15-2016 12:02 PM
Last Post: nzbnate
  Rubber band hose attachment keeps P10 in-place Dagmar 2 664 09-16-2015 06:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred