Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach
AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach
Whenever I sleep on my stomach, my AHI goes through the roof. Side vs back for me makes little difference, which is also somewhat atypical. Anyone else find that sleeping on their stomach makes apnea much worse. Any thoughts as to why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach
Just a thought.  I tried sleeping on my stomach, but my forehead and neck could only take about an hour max.  It is possibly to chin tuck in almost any sleeping position.  The way you sleep on your stomach may be encouraging chin tucking.  If you have a major increase in H's and O's, this might be a reason why.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach
We use data to make informed suggestions. That data comes from OSCAR, a totally free program downloaded from the top of the site. You need a SD card in the machine while you sleep.

Post a nights sleep and I’m sure you will get the answer to your questions.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 20 766 Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 243 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 113 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 278 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 239 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 833 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,144 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.