Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: AHI CA/UA still high, EPR changes
Wow!! That is Amazing- how could  my flow go from very high to ZERO in one night with one adjustment! Really happy to hear that! You guys are so great really knowledgeable. As far as how I honestly feel- generally less tired w more energy (not today) but still have this strange breathing disruption where I feel I can’t breathe at times during the day. Like frequently I have to tell myself to deep breathe to get enough air. Not terrible but enough to be uncomfortable. Is that normal w sleep apnea? Started with AHI of 15 and high flow limit so hopefully will start feeling better now numbers are better? Or anything else you see as possible cause?My heart is ok- I had an echo. Thanks so much!
If me, I'd take the cautious route and bring this breathing issue to your doctor's attention. It doesn't sound to me to be related to Apnea, at the least not directly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
AHI from 1.8 to 6.8 in one night! Help!
Thanks-I did get checked out by pulmonologist-everything ok except sleep apnea with O2 sats to 73 for long periods. He thought that was causing my breathing issues.

BUT just got last nights results and AHI went from 1.8 to 6.8 with a ton of UAs. Yikes, what happened!!!!  Please see chart and let me know what you think. Thank you.

[attachment=37115]
give us a couple of 3 minute views from within the UA area so we can determine f obstructive or Central. I'm betting obstructive and the cluster is indicative of positional apnea and chin tucking.
Read the Soft Cervical Collar link in my signature.
Ok thanks will keep all posts together

I attached a few views, wasn't sure how to do it-so captured 3 mins then stretched 3 mins out in 2 charts. Pls let me know if I should do it differently for you to see what you need.
I do sleep on my side now and use the soft collar. Was doing much better with that but maybe the collar slipped around or partially off.  Anyway, hope that's what it is, easily fixed.
But  I will definitely read your collar link.

Thank you!Smile

[attachment=37117][attachment=37118][attachment=37119
Hi, also added focus of UA cluster in case that's what you need. Thanks

[attachment=37120]
I think it's going to be hard to do anything about those UA until you get your leaks under control. During the entire zoomed portion you are well over 30 L/min, nearly up to 90 L/min; that's well beyond the capability of the AutoSense to evaluate what's going on.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I've been doing better with leaks but last night I woke up with a bad leak which I was trying to fix by tightening velcro and then the hose detached so I was fumbling around with getting that back on. I am waiting on a new mask which will hopefully work better for me.

I do have a question though-can the leak itself cause the apneas or the machine just can't decipher them?

Thank you!
The 11 min image is heavily flow limited so please revisit your collar.

Plenty going on with expiratory flow in that it is not showing up. Indication of kink in the pipe.

On Flow Rate sey y-axis to +/- 50 and add the zero line, the break between inhale and exhale..
Ok will make sure my collar is on securely.

For kink in pipe do I need a new one or just make sure it's not bent anywhere? ? I do see a portion where it looks a bit narrowed or flatter, not sure if that matters.

Sorry but have no clue what you meant in your last line?! Sounds like something you want me to do but please explain, I'm a super newbie to Oscar!

Thanks so much

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 26 1,009 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 846 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 187 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.