Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI CA/UA still high, EPR changes
RE: AHI CA/UA still high, EPR changes
Thanks so much Dave. Ok I'll be happy with 1x and stop chasing zero!! Lol, you got me pegged and are so right.  I always want more and end up falling down rabbit holes!

I so appreciate all the help from you and your amazing team in getting it down this low. I would never have known about my high flow limits and why I felt terrible and my numbers were so high and for sure would have no clue how to fix it.

I am starting to feel better with more energy and less breathing problems during the day. As I mentioned before, I was struggling to breathe all day which my doc thought was due to the sleep apnea and some bad desaturations. All the other pulmonary tests were normal. Feeling like I can't breathe is the worst and ruins my day. So it looks like my improved sleep quality has also improved my next day breathing for which I'm truly grateful for and hope it continues. 

Thanks againSmile
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Welcome. Next homework session, relax and enjoy the good therapy.

BTW some rabbit holes might have some girl named Alice meeting a Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, and so on at some tea party.

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave...I took your good advice and WAS enjoying the therapy and feeling better with numbers below 2 until this morning. Noticed a difference right away when I got up -breathing felt tight again and tired so checked my numbers and disappointed to see them up again. Not terrible but over 2 and enough to have an impact in how I feel.

Looks like flow limits increased and also CA's? 

Could you or someone please take a look and let me know what you think and what to do?!

Thanks SO much  Smile

Lorie

Post Reply Post Reply
Of all the events and such to be most mindful on this chart is the flow limits. Centrals below 1.0, leaks manageable, and so on.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks but not sure what you mean? Too many leaks causing flow limits? Does it look bad?

Should I change settings or just continue on as is?
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks were well managed this time around. Good job.

You're already at EPR 3, so that's all you're getting there. You could try another night, looking for any trends. The only alternative now is increasing min pressure. Maybe increase it fractionally, as in 8.2 instead of whole step from 8 to 9. Try it a night and decide to keep it, revert back to 8.0 or go up again to 8.4. Always dictate edits by how you feel.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks will do. BTW I do see some very strange things when I'm down in the rabbit hole...will be on the lookout for the madhatter but pretty sure I saw that smiling catSmile
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Coffee I'm probably the mad character
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol..thought I recognized you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was doing really well but last night CAs shot up over one and AHI over 2. 

My EPR is currently at 3- should I decrease to 2 ? I also increased my minimum pressure in hopes of further controlling flow limits. Could that be causing the CA, should I lower it again to 8?  I know I had problems with leaks last night, had been doing better with that too. Also forgot to wear my soft collar and put it on middle of night. 

Just when I thought I knew what I was doing! Nope need help!

I  attached charts for last 3 nights.

Thanks

]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low SpO2 but CPAP doesn't react - high altitude sleepfatigued 10 165 01-18-2022, 04:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Mask fit 100% but high AHI? dler4 11 296 01-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  SOLVED high capacity humidifier car54 11 512 01-07-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: car54
  high pressure Larrypac 19 341 01-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  High AHI/CA with EPR of 2 LBTRS 7 262 12-29-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  [split] Crazy low Respiration Rates & high Centrals - sometimes... oqwif 6 294 12-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged] DonApap 20 881 12-08-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: DonApap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.