Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: AHI CA/UA still high, EPR changes
In the left sidebar below what is shown are all the sessions, are they all checked? They should be.
Yes all sessions are checked. I called Resmed and they had the same data as  Oscar with around 1 1/2 hours missing. The rep insisted it stopped recording because the time is wrong on my machine but it never did it before and it's only off by a few hours so don't think so. But I changed the time and will try again tonight. It wouldn't let me change the time without erasing all the data on the machine first so hope they have a backup for insurance.

Thanks Gideon!  Smile
Hi, think I'm doing better with AHI 1.16 last night (of course I want it lower!) but not sure about the flow limits. It looks likes it spikes and goes up here and there but not all night .

My EPR is at the max of 3, machine doesn't go any higher so wondering what you think, if it's ok and not having a big impact and if anything else I ca do?

Thank you!

[attachment=37278]
That close to session start with FL and leak spike, maybe you were still getting settled in for sleep. I'd consider tossing those blips into SWJ ish (sleep wake junk). Not exactly something to worry over as it was a blip, short duration then it evened out the rest of the night.

Just to help, 1.x AHI is better than Dr. Dolittle expects from your therapy. They say AHI 5 is a therapy success. 1.x is perfectly fine, zero is not expected. Zero will likely ruin your comfort just to get there. Don't go down that rabbit hole, ok.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks so much Dave. Ok I'll be happy with 1x and stop chasing zero!! Lol, you got me pegged and are so right.  I always want more and end up falling down rabbit holes!

I so appreciate all the help from you and your amazing team in getting it down this low. I would never have known about my high flow limits and why I felt terrible and my numbers were so high and for sure would have no clue how to fix it.

I am starting to feel better with more energy and less breathing problems during the day. As I mentioned before, I was struggling to breathe all day which my doc thought was due to the sleep apnea and some bad desaturations. All the other pulmonary tests were normal. Feeling like I can't breathe is the worst and ruins my day. So it looks like my improved sleep quality has also improved my next day breathing for which I'm truly grateful for and hope it continues. 

Thanks againSmile
Welcome. Next homework session, relax and enjoy the good therapy.

BTW some rabbit holes might have some girl named Alice meeting a Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, and so on at some tea party.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks Dave...I took your good advice and WAS enjoying the therapy and feeling better with numbers below 2 until this morning. Noticed a difference right away when I got up -breathing felt tight again and tired so checked my numbers and disappointed to see them up again. Not terrible but over 2 and enough to have an impact in how I feel.

Looks like flow limits increased and also CA's? 

Could you or someone please take a look and let me know what you think and what to do?!

Thanks SO much  Smile

Lorie

[attachment=37379]
Of all the events and such to be most mindful on this chart is the flow limits. Centrals below 1.0, leaks manageable, and so on.
Thanks but not sure what you mean? Too many leaks causing flow limits? Does it look bad?

Should I change settings or just continue on as is?
Leaks were well managed this time around. Good job.

You're already at EPR 3, so that's all you're getting there. You could try another night, looking for any trends. The only alternative now is increasing min pressure. Maybe increase it fractionally, as in 8.2 instead of whole step from 8 to 9. Try it a night and decide to keep it, revert back to 8.0 or go up again to 8.4. Always dictate edits by how you feel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,260 4 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 871 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,065 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 583 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 189 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 484 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 545 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.