Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Calculation
RE: AHI Calculation
I am not a believer in sleep hygiene in general or the above in specific (for me).

I never lie down in bed without the mask and have no issue with lying there resting until falling asleep -- it seldom if ever requires very long but when it does that's better (for me) than getting back up and doing something else(most of the time.)

For those with severe insomnia who try sleep hygiene and find it works, then it is a great idea.

For most people who like to watch TV in bed (or read or whatever) there is no significant problem and having the mask on is the best method if that might lead to falling asleep.

It's also a good way to acclimatize to the mask for those who have trouble keeping it on while sleeping or trying to sleep.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2014, 11:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I have a bad habit of doing the opposite. I wake up and don't take it off. Sometimes I fall back to sleep in the morning but most of the time I don't. I pet a dog, lay there thinking, listen to music, do some stretches. But I don't take the mask off. Mostly because when I take it off, the congestion hits. My sinuses love the humidifier! LOL

I equate with that. I really enjoy laying in bed in the morning and just mellowing out. The puppies usually join me. This can last for 1/2 hour or so while Mrs. R_G is feeding the miserable cats and so forth. Then it's breakfast time for the puppies and they're gone. Then I hear the melodious sound of the coffee grinder and I know it's time for me to arise as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2014, 11:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 11:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I have a bad habit of doing the opposite. I wake up and don't take it off. Sometimes I fall back to sleep in the morning but most of the time I don't. I pet a dog, lay there thinking, listen to music, do some stretches. But I don't take the mask off. Mostly because when I take it off, the congestion hits. My sinuses love the humidifier! LOL

I equate with that. I really enjoy laying in bed in the morning and just mellowing out. The puppies usually join me. This can last for 1/2 hour or so while Mrs. R_G is feeding the miserable cats and so forth. Then it's breakfast time for the puppies and they're gone. Then I hear the melodious sound of the coffee grinder and I know it's time for me to arise as well.

Retierement sounds fun. Cant wait to get there. I wake up to the alarm and have to rush out of bed Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2014, 11:50 AM)retired_guy Wrote: On the other hand, if you are laying there awake for 4 hours, or anything close to that, you are not yet Mr. Happycamper. So that needs addressed. Also it sounds like your ahi is still a bit high regardless of how it's figured.

You indicate you are now on a loaner machine that is auto capable. Do you know what your minimum/maximum pressures are? Downloading and installing the Sleepyhead software will give you the opportunity to figure out all you ever wanted to know and even lots of stuff you never even knew you wanted to know.

Yes, I am finding more than I ever wanted to know. The amount of data and charts I Sleepy Head are staggering. My pressure levels seem to run from 5 to 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the response for a newbee. Now I have another question. I have uploaded all the data from both machines into SleepyHead. I wanted to transfer the data to my laptop to take with me to the doctor, however, I could not upload like I did to my desktop because my laptop does not have a SD chip socket. So, I tried exporting the data to a file and importing that file to my laptop, but his did not work. It looks like the only option on the export is to export to a CSV file. When I attempt to import this CSV file to my laptop, the SleepyHead software on my laptop does not recognize the CSV file as a legitimate data file.

Has anyone found a solution to this other then purchasing a SD to USB adopter?
Post Reply Post Reply
.csv files are best opened with a spreadsheet like Excel or MsWorks but can also be opened with Wordpad or any word processor but will have to be sorted manually then.

That aside, I don't see why SH wouldn't import anything that it exported??? I assume you are using the "Import" feature of SH? And you have used SH to export it? Odd...but I have never tried doing that. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
You COULD copy the FILES themselves over to the other machine but this will take a bit of computer knowledge.

(I don't have time right now to go do it and give you the blow by blow but perhaps someone else would.)

Buying the adapter is NO BIG DEAL though probably. New SD cards are frequently including such adapters even. Try Walmart or order from Amazon for a very low price.

Resmed *might* be harder, but Sleepyhead should be almost trivial to move the data.

Resmed software checks for all sorts of things that are NONE OF ITS BUSINESS*. SleepyHead is a far more rational and polite program.

*Resmed won't read data from a card with any EXTRA FILES (or directories) present.

That's just stupid. They had to WORK to screw it up like that so it must be intentional.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 02:28 PM)Gary K Wrote: Has anyone found a solution to this other then purchasing a SD to USB adopter?

UPDATE: I tried the import of .csv file to SH and it doesn't work. Apparently it can only export that type of file.

To work around your problem, you can try copying the entire Sleepy Head folder (from your desktop to laptop) to the Win8 machine and run the program from the executable in that folder. I'm pretty sure it's a stand alone program and will run wherever you place the folder. I haven't tried that so I'm just guessing it might/might not work.

EDIT: Of course we should not overlook the obvious easy way to resolve this issue. You can copy the SD card files to a USB flash drive and transport it to the Win8 machine. It will be detected and imported by the SleepyHead software or ResMed, whichever you prefer to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know in what folder the data is stored? I cannot seem to find the data file on my desktop.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you click the sleepyhead icon to open the software, at the bottom just before you select the user, there is a white line that says "Folder" and it shows the directory, usually in your "mydocuments/SleepyHeadData-Testing"
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about calculation using OSCAR-reported "Med." values as variables 2SleepBetta 8 1,294 04-11-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? srlevine1 8 2,020 07-22-2021, 07:13 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed AHI Calculation goodn 4 981 07-31-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Leak Rate Calculation PaytonA 8 10,588 02-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.