Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Discrepency - Machine vs SD Card
AHI Discrepency - Machine vs SD Card
Hello again,

I just finished my 10th night on CPAP with 100% compliance. Thus far, I have been fortunate in that my AHI has been consistently [Edit] 0.24 or lower (only one night of .24 and one night of 0.16--I'm usually 0.1 - 0.13).

After getting what I thought was a pretty good night's sleep, I was surprised to see my ResMed show AHI reading 1.6. I had to look twice to make sure I saw the decimal in the right place. I then checked MyAir site and it showed 1.6 in larger numbers LOL.

So, I decided to pull the SD card and see what the heck happened because the night before I registered my first 0.0 AHI in a session greater than 7.5 hours.

I import last night's data and it shows an AHI of 0.12 with one OA at 6:45 AM.

Here is last night's stats from SleepyHead:

Details Most Recent

CPAP Usage
Average Hours per Night 8:30
Compliance 100%

Therapy Efficacy
AHI 0.12
Obstructive Index 0.12
Hypopnea Index 0
Clear Airway Index 0
RERA Index 0

Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate 0
90% Leak Rate 0
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 0.00%

Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure 7
Min Pressure 7
Max Pressure 7
90% Pressure 7

MyAir also shows 2 mask offs which is odd as last night was the first time since starting my cpap therapy that I didn't have to get up to use the restroom and as I can tell, I didn't take my mask off and put it back on twice last night.

My nostrils are irritated, a little red, and sore. I am guessing there was some movement of the pillows last night which may have registered as a mask off instead of a leak (0.0 leaks last night).

I assume the SD card data is authoritative and there isn't some bug in SleepyHead which would cause to report some but not all of the events (would be very odd bug to report one out of an estimated 13.6 events).

I am not overly concerned about it, but I would like to understand this phenomenon more.

Does anyone know why there may be a discrepancy? It really doesn't seem to make sense that that the data the machine displays and transmits to MyAir is so different than what is recorded on the SD card.

Thanks in advance. You all have been very helpful and patient with my questions thus far.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Discrepency - Machine vs SD Card
Has anyone else had the machine show one AHI number and the data on the SD card show another?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try downloading ResScan and see what it reports. See which report ResScan corresponds to. Also, you can be selective and turn off sleep sessions on the daily view of SH which will change the reported AHI for that day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard of it. Many times it is due to the time on the CPAP not matching current time and Sleepyhead using the noon cutoff which ends up slicing the day up in a way that the CPAP doesn't.

I would check the time of your CPAP, the time of your computer using Sleepyhead and you might pull the power on the CPAP for about 20-30 seconds and see if that resets something. You can also try using ResScan to see what it sees.
With regards to sleep sessions, when looking at Sleepyhead for a day, there will be at the bottom left of the display a list of sessions it saw for that period of time. The bar next to each session can be red or green. Green it is showing up in the stats, Red it won't.

Looks something like:
[Image: iFLC1Vp.png]
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Also if you are looking at sleep report screen on the Airsense be sure the time frame agrees......the default average on the machine is 30 day time period averages.......this setting can be changed to one day, one week, one month, one year average.

And be aware if power is interrupted to machine either by unplugging it or a power failure it will default back to thirty day average.......that often catches people because they thought they set the time frame to one day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] CPAP Data discrepency LuthierMike 0 268 08-18-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: LuthierMike
  SD card and 2nd machine ? Bluesv6 2 385 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,219 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,422 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,794 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.