Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Envy
AHI Envy
Yup, I've got it listening to you guys with the .1, .5 etc AHI's. Here I am with my new S9 drooling. Looks like I have a series of leaks each night about the same time maybe when I roll over. ( see attached). I'm thinking trying to stay on my left side all night might do the trick.

I also learned when the AHI numbers start creeping up to trash the nasal pillows for new ones. Anyone have a good rule of thumb for switching out nasal pillows? ie how long is too long to use?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Envy
readyforsleep, your leaks are still fine, 95% of the time your leaks are 10L or less, the acceptable number for this is 24L. Your AHI for that night is fine, you seem like your still getting used it and your numbers should come down and stay consistent, all this just takes time. Rather than worry too much about the numbers the most important thing is, are feeling any better now than w hen you started on CPAP? Do you still have all the symptoms you had but again these take time to lift. Keep at it and sleep in the position that is most comfortable for you, you still have to get some sleep and not worry about your sleep position.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 04:56 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Anyone have a good rule of thumb for switching out nasal pillows? ie how long is too long to use?
According to replacement allowance ... 2 cushions (pair) per month

Leak for most of the time at the bottom end, those series of leak you,re referring, more likely mouth leaks, chinstrap might helps
Full face mask is an option too but doubt very much, you would get nice leak line as the one posted here

Post Reply Post Reply
You are right. How impatient I am. I am feeling better - every night is an adventure - I do need more time to let by body get used to the new machine and better sleep. THANK_YOU for reminding me.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 06:08 AM)zonk Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 04:56 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Anyone have a good rule of thumb for switching out nasal pillows? ie how long is too long to use?
According to replacement allowance ... 2 cushions (pair) per month

Thanks, Zonk.

Leak for most of the time at the bottom end, those series of leak you,re referring, more likely mouth leaks, chinstrap might helps
Full face mask is an option too but doubt very much, you would get nice leak line as the one posted here

Right now I am taping. I have not had luck with chin straps. I'd like to work on the chin strap idea though - maybe conjure up something that works for me. Right now, though I want to be consistent with what I have been doing and get some good sleep under my belt.

2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi readyforsleep,
It takes time for your body to get used to this new way of sleeping, so just stick with it. It does get better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 06:12 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Right now I am taping. I have not had luck with chin straps. I'd like to work on the chin strap idea though - maybe conjure up something that works for me. Right now, though I want to be consistent with what I have been doing and get some good sleep under my belt.

For a chinstrap, someone told me once that they used one of those cotton bands (sweat bands) that runners put on their heads so people know to stay out of their way.

I haven't tried that because my wife's sweat band is super too small for me. But it sounded like an idea worth pursuing.

You're right about the consistent thing. Do what works for awhile before you try out something different.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 06:08 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: You are right. How impatient I am. I am feeling better - every night is an adventure - I do need more time to let by body get used to the new machine and better sleep. THANK_YOU for reminding me.

Well done Ready, maybe start out by reading up on Sleep Apnea and sleep in general, you can get heaps of stuff on here and other forums / websites or there are plenty of books at libraries
Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea question
On my summary statistics I just noticed Apnea 0. Does this mean that even though I had Obstuctive and Central Events there was no time when I stopped breathing?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had obstructive and/or central events then you did stop breathing! There have been reports of the AutoSets reading zero AHI's when it was really was higher. If your machine is showing zero AHI then you most likely need to reset the machine. Just unplug it from the wall for an hour or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chart Envy Technopauper 161 22,117 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.