Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
RE: AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
sorry meant to say I woke before 10:30am and went back to bed with cpap for 2 hours
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your help. I think I know how to adjust the machine but I was told by my doctor that I was not allowed to do so.
I used to have my own auto adjust cpap machine and I think the maximum pressure was set to 9.5. I was getting good results at below 5 ahi with my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2017, 07:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your setiting on your Philips Respironics System One CPAP Pro with pressure at 8.5 results in a lot of obstructive apnea and hypopnea.  The presnese of snores and flow limitations strongly suggusts a need for higher pressure. Some elements of the posted chart suggest possible complex apnea, but I think the answer lies in increased pressure.  i suggest your increase pressure to 10 cm and lets see if that moves us in the right direction.  I also see a clustering of events that suggests you may need to deal with keeping your airway open using a soft cervical collar or ergonomic pillow to prevent your chin from tucking towards your chest.

Many thanks for your help. I think I know how to adjust the machine but I was told by my doctor that I was not allowed to do so.

I used to have my own auto adjust cpap machine and I think the maximum pressure was set to 9.5. I was getting good results at below 5 ahi with my machine.

I will look up pillows and collars now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your doctor wants you to be reliant on him/them... there are zero legal or reasonable arguments for why a patient can't change or optimize their own therapy. None.

The choice to change your settings is yours and yours alone, but at least make the decision knowing that there is nothing wrong with changing the settings. It will result in a better outcome for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 08:12 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: Sorry my mistake I did not notice that it was for only 2hrs usage. I used cpap for nearly 10hrs that night but I woke at 10:35 to use the toilet and I went back to bed with cpap until 12:50.
For some reason the machine did not record the full nights usage?

(05-01-2017, 08:13 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: sorry meant to say I woke before 10:30am and went back to bed with cpap for 2 hours

I suspect that I know what might be going on here.  SleepyHead changes "days" at 12 noon as a general rule, but it also has a preference for keeping single sessions that cross the noon mark on one day.

So the data for the rest of the night is likely on the "day" labeled Friday, April 28.  Check that date to see if the rest of your data for this night is there.

Having said that: Yes, there are a lot of OAs mixed with CAs in this two hour session.  But good questions to ask are:

1) Does the data for the rest of the night (which is likely on Friday, April 28) look as bad as this?

2) How much were you drifting in and out of sleep during the times with the most events?

3) If you had a titration study, did it say anything about central apneas?

4) Do you have any history of diagnosed heart problems? In particular, any history of congestive heart failure?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 08:49 AM)C0mbe Wrote: Sounds like your doctor wants you to be reliant on him/them...  there are zero legal or reasonable arguments for why a patient can't change or optimize their own therapy.  None.

The choice to change your settings is yours and yours alone, but at least make the decision knowing that there is nothing wrong with changing the settings.   It will result in a better outcome for you.

Ok many thanks for your info. I am willing to change settings myself if I can.

Current setting (by nhs) are:

MODE: C-CHECK
C-CHECK: 6.5
FLEX TYPE: C-FLEX+
C-FLEX+: 2
C-FLEX+ LOCK: OFF
RAMP TIME: 0:20
RAMP START: 4.0
TUBING TYPE LOCK: OFF
TUBING TYPE: 22
SYSTEM ONE RESITANCE: 0
LOCK SYSTEM ONE: OFF
AUTO ON: ON
AUTO ON: ON
MASK ALERT: OFF
RAMP BACKLIGHT: OFF
SHOW AHI/LEAK/PB: ON
SILENT MODE: ON
LANGUAGE: EN

Do I just change Mode: c-check to Cpap and then cpap pressure from 6.5 to 10 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
i HAVE CHANGED:

MODE FROM C-CHECK TO CPAP

C-CHECK PRESSURE TO CPAP

SET CPAP PRESSURE TO 9.5 (FROM 6.5)
Post Reply Post Reply
Dizzy, turn off the ramp!  See the problem?

[Image: gYKiSUI.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OMG! Yes I see it!

I have changed c-flex to cpap and set pressure from 6.5 to 9.5

I will turn off ramp now.

On my old machine that was an auto cpap there was an option to set minimum and maximum pressure. On this machine there is no minimum pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also changed flex type from c-flex+ to none
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 695 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.