Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
My ahi was 49.66 last night.

My ahi has been high quite often.

My average ahi is 11.06 so far this month ( only one more night till the end of April ).

I am worried that the pressure needs to be higher on my cpap machine but I do not see the provider until the 31st of May.

I suffer with Migrainous Vertigo and lately my symptoms have been worse ( headaches, fatigue, dizziness, head pressure ).

Any advice on my cpap results would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/bjdUW
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
These are too difficult to read as attachments.
If you can upload to imgur; and post links to them, it would be better.
You can get instructions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers link below

http://imgur.com/a/bjdUW
Post Reply Post Reply
dizzy1,
If you would follow the tutorials in my signature line, especially the one that shows how to organize the graphs and which ones we need to see.
Please include the following graphs:. Events, flow, pressure, snores, leaks.
Also eliminate the right side bar. Include left side bar, minus the calendar.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for you help.

I have altered the graphs as suggested but I could not find Flow Limit.

Adjusted graph is below:

http://imgur.com/a/JXrmb
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think a really bad session, a bit over 2 hours, isn't the chart you use to adjust your machine. Though in general, as you know, the AHI isn't good. you have the model that adjusts the pressure every 30 hours, is that's what's make the few minor adjustments in pressure, or is that function turned off and you are doing it manually?

I'm surprised the NHS hasn't given you another sleep study to titrate you. It seems the pressure isn't controlling the OA and those centrals have stuck in. This is what I would be talking to the doctor about at your next appointment. If you don't get satisfaction, I would ask for a transfer to a higher/peer authority (I don't know how the NHS says how to get a second opinion.)

I'm new, so don't adjust in what I say, but going from what I've read here, If it was my overview chart I would turn off the pressure relief for the centrals and turn up the pressure, 1cm at a time for the obstructives. going by how you use your machine, there seems to be a lot of breaks. I would read up about sleep hygiene, I would be wanting to sleep through by now.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on posting the charts. There are clusters of both Obstructive and Central Apnea. The largest component of the AHI are the OSAs.
If one were to raise the max pressure, it might reduce the OAs; but the CAs would likely increase.
I think a reduction in the Flex setting is called for. However, I'm not all that familiar with how PR's Aflex and Cflex work.
We're going to need our PR expert to weight in.

It's a bit strange that Sleepyhead was unable to read the machine settings. Must be a bug in the program.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Your setiting on your Philips Respironics System One CPAP Pro with pressure at 8.5 results in a lot of obstructive apnea and hypopnea. The presnese of snores and flow limitations strongly suggusts a need for higher pressure. Some elements of the posted chart suggest possible complex apnea, but I think the answer lies in increased pressure. i suggest your increase pressure to 10 cm and lets see if that moves us in the right direction. I also see a clustering of events that suggests you may need to deal with keeping your airway open using a soft cervical collar or ergonomic pillow to prevent your chin from tucking towards your chest.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found a buckwheat chaff pillow, specifically the CPAPfit from amazon ($49), to be excellent for stabilizing my head position and preventing chin tucks. I saw an immediate and sustained improvement in my AHI numbers from the first night I used it. It can be molded to stabilize your head position and support your neck. I have found it to be very comfortable.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry my mistake I did not notice that it was for only 2hrs usage. I used cpap for nearly 10hrs that night but I woke at 10:35 to use the toilet and I went back to bed with cpap until 12:50.
For some reason the machine did not record the full nights usage?
My machine is set by the hospital and is set to c-check. I looked up c-check and yes it states that on c-check the machine adjusts itself every 30hrs usage. I do not fully understand the meaning of this?
I have not changed the settings myself ever as I was told I am not allowed to. I am worried that I will be in trouble if I change anything.

I wake a few times most nights. Sometimes to go to toilet. I rarely sleep the whole night through.

Many thanks for you help and input.

My results from last night are below:

http://imgur.com/a/K7dfT
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,415 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.