Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
RE: AHI HIGH LAST NIGHT AT 49.66
1) Looks like this month I have been getting up after 12 noon more than half the time so my readings are not correct.

2) I wake up on average 2 times a night.

3) I was not given the results of my sleep study. I was only told my ahi was 38!

4) I do not have any history of diagnosed heart problems or any history of congestive heart failure.
Post Reply Post Reply
dizzy1,
I have not tried this but since Philips machines are set at the factory to GMT, you might go into the File->Preferences->Import screen and adjust the Day-Split Time setting to 2 or 3 PM. Then try rebuilding your data and see if it is now combined to your liking.

If you decide to try this, please report back any successes or failures.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I paid for my fist sleep study nearly 2 years ago. I have just found the results.
(i was never given a copy of the results from my nhs sleep study. Just a letter informing me that I had severe sleep opnea)

Results  from 2014 sleep study below:

http://imgur.com/a/jgAmi
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for you help. I have changed the import settings to 3pm. It did update all my cpap information in sleepyhead. Not much difference in my average ahi each month though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all you help everyone here.

I have decided to keep most settings the same and only change the C-Check pressure from 6.5 to 8.5.

I will not press the ramp button when I put the mask on so the machine will stay blowing at 8.5.

It is only for tonight to see if anything improves.

If this sounds ok or not please let me know otherwise ?

Settings Now:

MODE: C-CHECK
C-CHECK: 8.5  (changed from 6.5)
FLEX TYPE: C-FLEX+
C-FLEX+: 2
C-FLEX+ LOCK: OFF
RAMP TIME: 0:20
RAMP START: 4.0
TUBING TYPE LOCK: OFF
TUBING TYPE: 22
SYSTEM ONE RESITANCE: 0
LOCK SYSTEM ONE: OFF
AUTO ON: ON
AUTO ON: ON
MASK ALERT: OFF
RAMP BACKLIGHT: OFF
SHOW AHI/LEAK/PB: ON
SILENT MODE: ON
LANGUAGE: EN
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 09:25 AM)robysue Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 08:12 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: Sorry my mistake I did not notice that it was for only 2hrs usage. I used cpap for nearly 10hrs that night but I woke at 10:35 to use the toilet and I went back to bed with cpap until 12:50.
For some reason the machine did not record the full nights usage?

(05-01-2017, 08:13 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: sorry meant to say I woke before 10:30am and went back to bed with cpap for 2 hours

I suspect that I know what might be going on here.  SleepyHead changes "days" at 12 noon as a general rule, but it also has a preference for keeping single sessions that cross the noon mark on one day.

So the data for the rest of the night is likely on the "day" labeled Friday, April 28.  Check that date to see if the rest of your data for this night is there.

Having said that: Yes, there are a lot of OAs mixed with CAs in this two hour session.  But good questions to ask are:

1) Does the data for the rest of the night (which is likely on Friday, April 28) look as bad as this?

2) How much were you drifting in and out of sleep during the times with the most events?

3) If you had a titration study, did it say anything about central apneas?

4) Do you have any history of diagnosed heart problems? In particular, any history of congestive heart failure?

1) Looks like this month I have been getting up after 12 noon more than half the time so my readings are not correct.

2) I wake up on average 2 times a night.

3) I was not given the results of my sleep study. I was only told my ahi was 38!

4) I do not have any history of diagnosed heart problems or any history of congestive heart failure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Upped the pressure from 6.5 to 10 in the end for last night cpap use.
Last nights cpap use says I slept for 9hr 42m and my ahi was 7.41.
An improvement for sure and I did not find it uncomfortable getting to sleep without ramp off.
In fact I slept a little better than usual. I woke once about 1hr 40m into cpap and I got up to use the toilet this morning and went back to bed with cpap.

Results below If anyone can take a look for me please:

http://imgur.com/a/HErG2

Thank you guys
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the Pressure or Leak Rate graph, could someone explain what happened just before time 10:00 and just after time 10:30?  It looks like the blower quit momentarily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sarah, that gap is a break in therapy, most likely a mask removal and shutdown for a bathroom break.

Dizzy, results are much better, but I think there are two possibilities. The OA are coming in clusters that may be REM or sleep position related. Either higher pressure or a cervical collar might eliminate this. It's up to you what you want to try, but I would increase max pressure or CPAP pressure to 11.0. Also, you can turn off the VS2 event tracking in preferences. VS2 is not a significant metric and it really clutters up the charts. I would really like to see the OA and RERA get some better control. I'm surprised there is no flow limitation events showing, with everything pointing to obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your input SLEEPRIDER.

Yes it was a bathroom break just before 10am!

I sleep mostly on my left side almost always.

I have ordered a cervical collar from ebay yesterday hopefully it will arrive soon.

In the past nearly 4 years I have lost 98lb but in the past 2 years I have gained back 42lb.

At my heaviest I was 308lb but I am now 252lb.

I still have the double chin! 

I will increase pressure to 11 for tonight and see how it goes.

I woke with a hell of a headache today but this happens on and off around 4 times a month. Usually my headaches start in the evening. I also suffer with pressure in the ears. I have been told these symptoms are Migrainous Vertigo related.

*NOTE: every so often I notice the pressure from the cpap cuts off and after maybe 10-20 seconds the pressure starts again. Like the machine turning off then on again. I would sometimes notice this in the 20 to 30 minutes it takes me to fall asleep when the ramp is on but I have also noticed it happen when I wake up during the night and still have the mask on. I keep forgetting to tell the doctor this when I see them.

I am also on Cymbata, Epillim Chrono, and Olanzapine (Zyprexa) for Bi-Polar. I know the Epilim and Olanzapine (Zyprexa) are not good for sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,414 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.