Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI HIGHER RECENTLY. AS MUCH AS DOUBLE MY NORM???
AHI HIGHER RECENTLY. AS MUCH AS DOUBLE MY NORM???
My cpap settings have not changed for a few months (12cm h2o) 

My AHI is hardly ever as low as I would like but recently my readings have been high and I am not happy.

last night it was 16.54ahi and sometimes it has been more that 20ahi.

I cannot turn the pressure of my cpap up any further as my mask leaks too much when the pressure is raised above 12cm h20.

I already have to wear my mask quite tight as it leaks too much if I have it looser. 

My mask is an Airfit f10. The best mask I have used so far. I have read that it should not be too tight but it does not work for me any looser.

Anything I can do to get my ahi down ? 

Cheers guys and gals!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI HIGHER RECENTLY. AS MUCH AS DOUBLE MY NORM???
Sorry, I can't offer you any advice, but people are going to want to see your Sleepyhead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks yes they didnt upload but ive added the charts now
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing you can try is a soft cervical collar. It looks like your getting a lot of clusters of OA's. That can be caused by tucking your chin in and cutting off your airway. A Cervical Collar will prevent this.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
find a new mask that can hold the pressure? try the f20, i've found the f10 to leak with higher pressures.

could also try turning off the flex.

or...might be a position issue. i.e. tucking chin? (try cervical collar)
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers all. I I got a collar hear somewhere. I will did it out and give it a go tonight. I will see if flex it turned on too and try turning it off if it is. I also have other masks here I can try. I got a resmed quattro fx and a phillips respironics amara I can try. If I get no joy I am happy to buy an F20 and give it a go. 

I'm wondering if my masks are too big? I use a size large. When I tried a medium at the hospital it leaked at the chin because I am a mouth breather and when I opened my mouth the mask leaked.
Post Reply Post Reply
my machine was on cflex+. I have turned it off now.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 on the collar, and side sleeping helps if your not already.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a side sleeper. Always. I am overweight 6ft tall nearly 19 stone (263lb) and I've always had a double chin. The fat always goes to my face lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
At 13cm h2o all my cheeks blow out and I don't like it at all. Is this normal due to pressure?

The quattro fx seems to be the only mask I have that can handle the pressure but I do have to fit it very tight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 221 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,429 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Oscar Advice for recently diagnoses UARS SleepTea 1 313 01-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.