Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Has Been Zero since December 29
AHI Has Been Zero since December 29
I am glad that my AHI has been zero since December 29 but also wondering if this is normal. I only ask because if this is out of the ordinary, I may need to make a trip to the DME to check the machine.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Has Been Zero since December 29
Congratulations ME50. That's great and I hope your machine is working properly. I began with plenty of difficulties, but my AHI has dropped to less than one consistently. Usually it's around .5 or less. I'm not sure how you achieved perfection but, way to go!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
ME, My AHI has averaged 0.45 since I got my autoset adjusted to the optimum pressures and switched to a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
Did you unplug the machine and plug it back in, sometimes they get in a funk and it sorta gets stuck, (so to speak.)
I hope you have achieved the "0" point with your AHI.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 01:59 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi me50,
Did you unplug the machine and plug it back in, sometimes they get in a funk and it sorta gets stuck, (so to speak.)
I hope you have achieved the "0" point with your AHI.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

Hi Trish

Yea, I unplugged it a few times. My zero AHI has been like that for a few weeks or more except on a few occasions when they were attributed to large leaks or on a few days when I was waking up or going to sleep. That is why I wondered if I should have it checked since it is not all that common to have zero AHI for a long period of time. Of course, sometimes there are issues with my DME (more often than not, everything that they are supposed to do isn't done or isn't done correctly and over the past 4 months, I have spent more time trying to get these issues corrected....(just like this morning I had to check on my supply order and I am glad that I did because they had the cushion size wrong among other things) and there are still 3 that have not been corrected and while trying to get them corrected, more mistakes are made. I think I will put in a call to have the RT come and check the machine or take it in but with schedules in this house and the distance, it isn't always easy to find the time to make the 32 mile round trip before they close.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
Yeah, I don't blame you for having someone come out to check it, just to be sure.
Good luck getting things straightened out with the DME, sounds like that's next to impossible..
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 02:20 PM)me50 Wrote: Hi Trish
Yea, I unplugged it a few times. My zero AHI has been like that for a few weeks or more except on a few occasions when they were attributed to large leaks or on a few days when I was waking up or going to sleep. That is why I wondered if I should have it check
Congrats. I've not accomplished such feat, occasionally but not day after day.
How you feel ... inquiring minds need to know Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are seeing movement on your charts, showing the changes in pressure and various other indicators, then it is unlikely your machine is stuck, but take an sO2sat reading for one night to be sure, and if they gibe with the AHI readings, you know you are doing just great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 02:47 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 02:20 PM)me50 Wrote: Hi Trish
Yea, I unplugged it a few times. My zero AHI has been like that for a few weeks or more except on a few occasions when they were attributed to large leaks or on a few days when I was waking up or going to sleep. That is why I wondered if I should have it check

How you feel ... inquiring minds need to know Smile

I will tell you in a few weeks. This month is kind of hard for our family as we lost our child 2 years ago on Jan 3 and my youngest brother 2 years ago on Jan. 30 so it is hard to judge how I feel right now. I will let you know though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2014, 06:26 PM)me50 Wrote: I will let you know though.
No rush, family matters come first
Sorry to hear about your loss ... take care

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Rules clarification - December 2021 SuperSleeper 0 661 12-30-2021, 05:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Treatment] Auto BiPAP User December 2020 VanWrinkle 4 681 06-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: VanWrinkle
Gross [CPAP] S9 device since December 28 linepl61 20 6,962 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.