Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI High (16) help
AHI High (16) help
Hey guys new to all this. AHI has been steady around 12-17. Hoping you guys could give me some advice from the data im providing. I'm wearing a full face mask.

edit --- i also added a screen shot from a couple days ago when i slept longer. For clarification im working nights so that's why the hours are bizarre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI High (16) help
Good day Axiom and welcome to Apnea Board.

I'll put up a few starter suggestions and others will pop in to add to it. Organize the OSCAR chart as noted with my signature link which should include turning off right panel Navigation. Chart edits may still be requested for seeing specific areas so don't think it will be odd to need to edit it a time or two. Personally I see 2 possible changes. I see what is possibly clusters of events that an item called a soft cervical collar might reduce or eliminate. Search the Wiki at the top for it, I think there's pointers there. Second, you're on a APAP with fixed pressure according to what I see. Unless there's a reason you cannot do so, try Auto mode with a small range of pressures. You can try 12 that I see listed on the left as your EPAP, but 15 is what you're getting all night according to the chart. Try 18-20 for a night and repost.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, i appreciate the reply and apologize for not seeing the guidance before. I went ahead and did what you said. Here are the updated screenshots for you and anyone else that would like to see them.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave your fixed pressure of 15 is not sufficient and it looks like your throat is still closing up giving Hypopnoeas and snores. Try with a soft cervical collar, but you may also need more pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Axiom. Welcome to Apnea Board.

In addition to what Dave said, it seems the leaks are out of control, especially on the Monday. Once the leak goes above 24 L/min the machine has difficulty maintaining airflow and also can't properly diagnose the events (which is probably why there are so many unclassified apneas).

It's important to get the leaks sorted, so let us know what sort of mask you're wearing (ie make & model), whether it's old or new, do you sleep on your back or side? Anything else you can tell us?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 07:27 AM)Axiom Wrote: Thanks Dave, i appreciate the reply and apologize for not seeing the guidance before. I went ahead and did what you said. Here are the updated screenshots for you and anyone else that would like to see them.

No problem on charts, and you're welcome. I didn't see leak rates, these can affect sleep therapy, hinder the machine from flagging and/or acting on events, and it can cause sleep disruptions. See if the mask fit as in the cushion size, and headgear adjustments can be fussed over to calm the leaks. You may find after a reasonable to you time on fussing that another mask is needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Deepbreathing, thanks for the reply. so it's a new Resmed AirFit F30 medium size. I sleep on my back. I have a clean shaven face. Mouth breather when im sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 07:13 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Good day Axiom and welcome to Apnea Board.

I'll put up a few starter suggestions and others will pop in to add to it. Organize the OSCAR chart as noted with my signature link which should include turning off right panel Navigation. Chart edits may still be requested for seeing specific areas so don't think it will be odd to need to edit it a time or two. Personally I see 2 possible changes. I see what is possibly clusters of events that an item called a soft cervical collar might reduce or eliminate. Search the Wiki at the top for it, I think there's pointers there. Second, you're on a APAP with fixed pressure according to what I see. Unless there's a reason you cannot do so, try Auto mode with a small range of pressures. You can try 12 that I see listed on the left as your EPAP, but 15 is what you're getting all night according to the chart. Try 18-20 for a night and repost.

(11-01-2019, 07:27 AM)Axiom Wrote: Thanks Dave, i appreciate the reply and apologize for not seeing the guidance before. I went ahead and did what you said. Here are the updated screenshots for you and anyone else that would like to see them.

Just to clarify off of my first post: the pressure range may be from 12 where your supposedly starting now to 18 which is 3 above the 15 you ran at all session. The part where I stated "Try 18-20 for a night and repost." would not be the range I was suggesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see pretty strong clusters of obstruction as well as the leaks. Both usually respond very positively to the use of positional therapy, i.e. soft cervical collar. Please read the wikis linked below for Positional Apnea and Soft Cervical Collar. Note the examples of charts from other members with the same problems you have, before and after implementing the use of a collar. This problem is very common, and usually resolves without increasing pressure.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my AHI (16) now 8
Hey guys, so last time i posted my AHI was nearly 17, turns out i was wearing my mask incorrectly and didn't have my nostrils properly aligned with the holes on the full face mask. Tried it again and the results are attached. Still a high AHI but it cut down by half. Seems like a soft cervical collar might still be what I need? Also took your advice and set the machine to auto and set it between 12-20. Just wanted to post my results and see what you guys thought.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,434 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.