Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI High with Potential O2 Needs
AHI High with Potential O2 Needs
Is there someone on this board who can provide me with some insight as to the attached SleepyHead screenshots (Daily, Statistics and the AHI graph and Flags) for last night. My AHI averaged 17 with significantly high levels reaching 38.

I was diagnosed with mild to moderate SA and also EDS. I was provided oxygen during my initial Polysomnography to bolster my breathing (low 74% with over 60 events below 89%). I have significant cognitive and short term memory loss. This has progressed over several years. I am concerned that the doctor handling my care did not provide oxygen with my CPAP. I feel that enough damage has been done and that the O2 is necessary for my well-being. Thoughts/insight?

Sorry unable to post screenshots until I have 4 posts. I will try it this way, just remove the space between the colon and forward slash for each.

http: //i.imgur.com/4Tcix9Il.png
http: //i.imgur.com/kT0ISWWl.png
http: //i.imgur.com/Wc7qJDDl.png

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI High with Potential O2 Needs
The pictures are small and difficult to read. I should have said just remove the space between the colon and forward slash for each. Then copy and paste into your browser URL/Search window and hit Enter.

http: //i.imgur.com/4Tcix9I.png
http: //i.imgur.com/kT0ISWW.png
http: //i.imgur.com/Wc7qJDD.png

Post Reply Post Reply
Sent PM
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
FlashPAP works great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Slumber,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Images are small and hard to read. You are currently in fixed pressure around 10.5, and probably need to let the machine run in Auto with a range of 9-16 to see where it goes. By running in auto mode we will gain the benefit of seeing flow limitation and RERA which is not recorded in fixed mode, and you may find a pressure that actually works. Clearly, an AHI over 17 is essentially untreated. We're glad to help here, but your doctor should be correcting this. the high incidence of OA indicates a need for higher minimum pressure, and use of the Auto mode. Your titration is wrong.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 7e4819b818044b98aebc46064c9f5c87.jpeg]

I'd recommend getting back with your doctor also. It seems odd to me that you have so many OA's without any flow limitations registered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, the machine does not report flow limitation wen in CPAP (fixed) mode. It needs to be put in auto mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm unfamiliar with that machine. It seems like an odd limitation to inflict on a user for selecting fixed mode.

bTW, Another oddity, I have no problem seeing all his links at full size. Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed the sizing issue on my second post. I looked and realized the pictures were too small and unreadable. Changed the forum link criteria to Original and that resolved it.

It appears I have the My DreamStation CPAP with Heated Humidifier. There's also the DreamStasion CPAP Pro and DreamStasion Auto CPAP
I see no Auto adjustment. My flow was set to 10. I can adjust the ramp, however I have got to the point where I don't use it; just blast me with 10cm H2O Bouncy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 702 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.