Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Higher With Quattro FX Than Mirage Quattro
RE: AHI Higher With Quattro FX Than Mirage Quattro
(04-03-2014, 01:52 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 01:33 PM)Peter_C Wrote: As an aside, I was going to suggest the following 'miracle' cure for the skin issue, but after reading that you've been consulting with a dermatologist, this may be of little value to you.

"HPA Lanolin Lanolina HPA" comes in a MED sized tube (40gr), sells at my favorite online place to buy anything, and is safe for internal use (made for nursing mothers with cracked nipples) - it has been suggested here many, many times. Well, I finally got some to try myself, and it is simply wonderful. I get a strap irritation/bleeding wound on my right ear - and have fought it for many months, it is now completely healed. Simply by dabbing some of this on the area each morning.

I have also used it inside my nares when trying to adapt to a set of 'nose pillows'. Anyhow, just a thought that may or may not be of use.

I too was thinking more leakage in the lower lip chin area of the mask - strange that leaks have not also risen. I will comment then even when using a FFM, my AHI goes up the more I mouth-breathe (typically while on my back).

I'll second your HPA Lanolin recommendation. Originally I followed the manufacturers directions as printed on the box carefully. But it didn't seem to help much. So finally I started applying it to my nose instead, and it helped a lot.

But I bet your nipples never felt better/softer/???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Higher With Quattro FX Than Mirage Quattro
Have you considered buying a mask liner? I've never made my own so I can't compare, but I really like padacheek's liners.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 72 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,383 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 368 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 522 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 345 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 342 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie here - do I need higher pressure or BIPAP? her.suit 0 286 12-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.