Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Higher With Quattro FX Than Mirage Quattro
(04-03-2014, 01:52 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 01:33 PM)Peter_C Wrote: As an aside, I was going to suggest the following 'miracle' cure for the skin issue, but after reading that you've been consulting with a dermatologist, this may be of little value to you.

"HPA Lanolin Lanolina HPA" comes in a MED sized tube (40gr), sells at my favorite online place to buy anything, and is safe for internal use (made for nursing mothers with cracked nipples) - it has been suggested here many, many times. Well, I finally got some to try myself, and it is simply wonderful. I get a strap irritation/bleeding wound on my right ear - and have fought it for many months, it is now completely healed. Simply by dabbing some of this on the area each morning.

I have also used it inside my nares when trying to adapt to a set of 'nose pillows'. Anyhow, just a thought that may or may not be of use.

I too was thinking more leakage in the lower lip chin area of the mask - strange that leaks have not also risen. I will comment then even when using a FFM, my AHI goes up the more I mouth-breathe (typically while on my back).

I'll second your HPA Lanolin recommendation. Originally I followed the manufacturers directions as printed on the box carefully. But it didn't seem to help much. So finally I started applying it to my nose instead, and it helped a lot.

But I bet your nipples never felt better/softer/???
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered buying a mask liner? I've never made my own so I can't compare, but I really like padacheek's liners.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respironics need higher minimum pressure due to slower response? I'm not so sure. Shin Ryoku 9 176 Yesterday, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Shin Ryoku
  Anybody successfully use a Quattro FX? Lanco 5 308 01-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Big Matt
  AHI HIGHER RECENTLY. AS MUCH AS DOUBLE MY NORM??? dizzy1 42 1,303 12-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Neicy
  Higher AHI Smjanbug 5 274 11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  [Treatment] Doctor wont raise settings higher... what now? sw33ttsunade 34 1,644 10-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ASV users - effects of higher pressure vs CPAP? Stevie1under 7 380 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Stevie1under
  Res Med Mirage FX for her AMESS 0 133 09-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: AMESS