AHI Low but trending up, should I be nervous?
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: AHI Low but trending up, should I be nervous?
(06-27-2014 09:43 AM)diamaunt Wrote:  
(06-27-2014 07:34 AM)Tom in RI Wrote:  I suppose this is something we all deal with at times but when I wake up in the middle of the night I sometimes have trouble getting my breathing in synch with the machine.

I've heard that more with the PR machines that the resmeds... I've never noticed any 'reluctance' in my VPAP Auto following my breathing like a love starved puppy, whether I breath in slow or fast, shallow or deep, it's right there with me.

I have encountered it with my Resmed S8 Auto in bilevel mode. Along with not following my breathing the transition from EPAP to IPAP gets rather harsh where it is normally smooth as silk.

Earlier this year I found my Ti(max) and (min) settings way high and at Resmeds recommendation reset them to factory defaults. After that, I did not experience any of what I call "pulsing" until just recently.

Another S8 Auto user on this board reported the same problem and it seems to happen intermittently. Turning the machine off that back on (soft reboot) cures the instance of the problem for me.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
06-27-2014 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trending Oximeters? Brewskie 13 2,132 10-03-2014 12:45 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Well, the results are in...I'm Happy, Sad, and Nervous wojowojo16 15 3,601 03-23-2013 02:33 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2