Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Question
RE: AHI Question
(08-30-2013, 12:15 AM)Tez62 Wrote: me50, I still get interupted sleep after 2 years of CPAP, I have become very sensetive to light, noise, temperature etc, like you, I never knew if I would wake up before being diagnosed. Even though I have faith in my CPAP, it helps us breathe but not necessarily helps us sleep if there are other factors. At least now I feel like most nights I get enough sleep (last night around 7.9 hours) where before I would be luck to get 1-2 hrs non quality sleep per night.

During my sleep study, they said I didn't go into REM sleep. I kept waking up during the sleep study and that was after taking a .5 mg of Xanax (I wasn't really good sleeping in strange place...some are better at it than others are). thanks all
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2013, 10:15 PM)me50 Wrote: ... nobody told me that meant the average episodes per hour ...

Oh! Now I see why my first explanation was pure gibberish to you.

Yes, the AHI value is the average number of Apnea and Hypopnea events per hour. An apnea event is an 80% reduction in breathing for a period of 10 seconds or more. A hypopnea event is a 50% reduction in breathing for a period of 10 seconds or more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,

If they are giving you xanax and trying to run a sleep study on you...the results may be skewed from the effects of the meds.

I would highly suggest getting SleepyHead up and running and let us show you how to interpret what is going on.
Right now you are flying blind and just hoping that 12cm pressure is good enough to work for you.
What model Resmed machine do you have?
(right above the big START button is the model)

Cheers! Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,415 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.