Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Questions
AHI Questions
I was diagnosed with OSA in 2012, used my machine for 6 months or so and lost some weight and when the mask started leaking into my eye, I slept a few nights without it and was fine and never used it again. Fast forward, I've been really tired lately and got some new mask parts and decided to use my machine again.

Just read on here about the SleepyHead software and downloaded my data from last night.

My sleep study AHI was 22 and last night was 10. My wife said I rolled around a lot more and kicked her a few times but my snoring was almost complete gone (I had been banished to the couch for a few nights recently due to the snoring being so bad). I remember waking up more often and adjusting my mask but today I already feel less tired.

Does AHI improve with consistent usage of the CPAP therapy or is this about the best I can expect?

My AHI was broken into CA 6, OA 2 and HA 2. I was reading that the CAs may indicate the brain is not attempting to breath, should I be concerned with this number? I also don't remember what my breakdown of the AHI was from the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Questions
CA of 6 is considered borderline for treatment, and how damaging it is depends on the duration of the events. Knowing your study numbers would be valuable, because it can tell us whether the CA is primary, or if it was pressure induced. If it is pressure induced, finding a fixed pressure and taking off EPR may alleviate it - but that is conjecture unless you post some graphs Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Lempface, you can post Sleepyhead charts here, or at least link to them until you have 4 posts. My signature has information on how to organize and post the charts. You are having mixed apnea at this point, and we would need to see how those events correlate with machine pressure and other factors. Your settings are pretty wide-open, and given the nature of your mixed apnea, you're going to be better off in a narrow pressure range with minimal or no Flex.

We might as well try to optimize your current machine since your problem would require a complete set of studies, and potentially multiple studies to justify a bilevel ASV machine. Unless you have pretty good insurance, that may prove an expensive path.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And, Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies all! I would be glad to post some graphs, which would be of interest and how zoomed in should they be?
Post Reply Post Reply
see the top link in Sleeprider's siggy Smile
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 02:35 PM)DariaVader Wrote: see the top link in Sleeprider's siggy Smile

Oh shoot! Glanced right over that, I was looking for it on the imgur detailed page and thought... eh just missed it!
Post Reply Post Reply
4th post filler....
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done! Lolabove
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an error that I couldn't post an image or link in this forum.
EDit: I just tried the attachment. Looks like that worked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,601 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.