Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Questions
RE: AHI Questions
you should be able to post links now - just takes some time to sync up permissions Smile

you can turn off the counters for vibratory snore, they are noisy and make the more valuable information harder to see.

Go to the events tab, and look at the duration of the events you are having. That information lets us know how serious the issue is...
What is your "flex" setting?

at almost 7 AHI you have a baseline of mild apnea as it is. The cpap is the wrong machine to treat centrals, but it is possible some adjustments can alleviate them.

I think if it were me, I would experiment with a constant pressure of 9 or 10 and review the data again to see what difference that made. (but if the duration on those CAs is long, I might want to experiment in a sleep lab instead of on my own)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
On the left panel of SleepyHead,
1) what was the total time in apnea - below the statistics
2) there's a tab for Events which will tell you exactly how many of each type of event you had.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 03:18 PM)lempface Wrote: I got an error that I couldn't post an image or link in this forum.
EDit: I just tried the attachment. Looks like that worked.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3068]

Oh, this one is not going to be fun. That is a busy chart. What I see here is a minimum pressure that is too low, and a maximum pressure too high. The machine is responding the the numerous snores to increase pressure, and over-shoots, resulting in CA at the higher pressures. It's kind of hard to see where the sweet spot might be, but I think a minimum pressure of 10 and maximum pressure of 14 can start to narrow in on it. No promises, but I think this can be settled down to an acceptable level.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see the total time in apnea, I thought I saw it when reviewing this morning though. hmmm...

I've attached a few more images, one has the flex settings and the other is a breakdown of some of the CA events. Looks like most of them are 15 seconds or so with several 45 or more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lempface. Another welcome to the Apnea Board. I see and second Sleeprider's observation. You are going to need to narrow your machines settings. SR's recommendation of min 10 and max 14 is a good place to start. The pressure overshoots are washing out CO2 and makes your brain think you have done enough breathing for a while resulting in the CAs. You may also want to minimize the time spent sleeping on your back. I think that Apnea Board members will be able to walk you through a significant improvement in your numbers. You first have to try everything in the book using your present machine.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked for settings for total time in apnea and didn't find them. Perhaps that is a function of the specific CPAP.
See if SleepyHead will show you the Events tab in the left section and if the events indicate the durations. You can calculate it manually, if desired.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the input everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to review my chart, what an awesome welcoming group!

I've adjusted my pressure level to 10-14 and turned off a-flex, Will post my chart tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a good plan.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lempface,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting it adjusted to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like those settings showed a marked improvement. The number of events were way down as well as the durations.

Not sure what it means but looks like the leak graph shows a bit more of an issue and the pressure still seems to vary quite a bit even in the truncated range.

[Image: chart123016.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 163 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 309 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,602 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.