Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Readings PRS1 vs SH
AHI Readings PRS1 vs SH
Can anybody throw some light on my concerns.
I am using the latest version of Sleepyhead to try to make sense of my readings. The AHI readings as displayed on my CPAP machine bear no resemblance to those shown in the daily readings shown in Sleepyhead.
Machine: Philips Respironics System One Remstar Pro with C-Flex+
Software: SleepyHead v0.9.3
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Readings PRS1 vs SH
Graeme, I changed the subject line to hopefully get you the help you need.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
From the manual
AHI - The device accumulates individual Apnea/Hypopnea indices (AHI) for each session the patient used the device. This screen displays the average of these individual nightly AHI values over a 7 day and 30 day time frame (provided the device has at least 7 or 30 days of data respectively). If the device has only 5 days of data to use for the calculation, the 5 day average value will be seen under the 7 day display.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2013, 02:29 AM)zonk Wrote: From the manual
AHI - The device accumulates individual Apnea/Hypopnea indices (AHI) for each session the patient used the device. This screen displays the average of these individual nightly AHI values over a 7 day and 30 day time frame (provided the device has at least 7 or 30 days of data respectively). If the device has only 5 days of data to use for the calculation, the 5 day average value will be seen under the 7 day display.
Thanks for your input.
My manual states that "the device accumulates individual Apnea/Hypopnea indices for each session etc..The screen displays the nightly AHI value for the most recent 1 day time frame. It displays the average etc 7 days and 30 days etc".
I suspect that the 1 day time frame could be significant ie from 00:00 am. to 23:59pm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually it is noon to noon. The screen resets itself at noon (according to the machine's internal clock).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2013, 10:47 PM)graeme Wrote: I suspect that the 1 day time frame could be significant ie from 00:00 am. to 23:59pm.
I don,t use PRS1, CPAP new day start at midday (12 noon) until midday the following day. If sleeping cross over the midday cutoff, the portion before midday count with the previous day and the portion after midday with the new day
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 119 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 526 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 755 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 441 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 172 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,287 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,111 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.