Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Rising to 8-9 due to leaking max?
Grin 
AHI Rising to 8-9 due to leaking max?
Hi guys, the last week my sleep quality is pretty bad since my AHI is giving me average of 8.5.

The only thing that changed was my mask started leaking.. no matter what trick I use.

Ive had it for about 5-6 months, is a RESMED Quattro FX, it feels as if the soft plastic seal that touches my face has weakened too much and as soon as the pressure kicks up a lot of it escapes the sides if my mask since it cant hold the air under higher pressures.

I pay about $400 for this mask and did a nice job, but i was wondering if i can buy anywhere a replacement seal and maybe a bugger headstrap, since even do the mask is large, the headstrap is medium.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Rising to 8-9 due to leaking max?
The cushion (seal) should be changed more frequently.
The mask frames tend to last quite some time; but the cushions and headgear require more frequent replacement.

You can use the large headband on any size frame. I use the large headband on a medium frame for the Mirage Quattro.
Checkout suppliers on the list, like #1 for mask parts.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the cushion and a hose.. $90 bucks, didnt realize the cost of maintenance for this treatment but health first.

too bad Kaiser doesnt cover sh*t
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 367 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 520 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CA rising - help SFLGuy 3 471 06-18-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: SFLGuy
  AirFit F30i is leaking and I don't know what to do NoddingHacker 7 2,323 06-15-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: sttebr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.