Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Spikes help
AHI Spikes help
A few days ago I posted that while my total AHI is "fine" at under 5, I have times in the night where my AHI graph spikes rapidly to over 10, then drops off again. Someone asked for captures from sleepyhead, so here they are.

http://imgur.com/a/kABhP

These are the worst nights over the last ~2 weeks. Most of them my graph spikes by 10AHI within an hour time frame, then drops off again. Looking at all my graphs I seem to have long periods of time with only minor to no issues, then an hour or so after midnight (I go to bed around 10pm) where it spikes hard, then drops off again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Spikes help
It would be helpful to see your pressure graphs along with the left sidebar minus the calendar.

Are you using the auto CPAP mode or a straight pressure?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a straight pressure of 9, as that's what was prescribed. I'd like to flip it into auto, thinking a range of 8-12 or so but I'm waiting until my first follow up to discuss it with the sleep doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2015, 07:09 AM)lmoretti Wrote: It's a straight pressure of 9, as that's what was prescribed. I'd like to flip it into auto, thinking a range of 8-12 or so but I'm waiting until my first follow up to discuss it with the sleep doctor.

For some reason, most doctors don't like to utilize the auto mode. I tend to disagree with this at least if you can switch to auto to titrate your pressure range, then watch it for a few weeks. You can always switch back to a straight CPAP pressure if you prefer. Was your titrated pressure 9 during your sleep study? Remember that is just one night. I find myself that every night is different, AHI can vary.
Check back with us after seeing your doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Luckily, most of these clusters are hypopnea clusters so your prs1 machine can tackle those. If you like sleeping with straight pressure, you can try raising your pressure by 0.5cm to 9.5 and evaluate the result after 10 days. If you still see clusters then raise another 0.5 and evaluate after 10 days.

This is another way to titrate yourself to an optimal straight pressure.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 677 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 290 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Fairly consistent pulse rate spikes every night shyrwall 4 327 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: shyrwall
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,107 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes jr991 3 496 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jr991
  Odd Spikes in Flow Rates upsman 2 473 09-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.