Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Summary
RE: AHI Summary
Guess I need to continue taping. Maybe I'll find a full face mask that won't leak when I see my new DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2018, 05:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I was looking for a shorter segment, but this shows that you are inhaling through the mask and exhaling around it somehow.  What goes in, must come out, and in your case it doesn't.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7534]
        [attachment=7576]

Sleeprider, I have attached last nights screenshots with about a 2 minute flow shot. I am concerned why this large spread on the Tidal Volume and what it might represent. Could I be a poor candidate for a nasal mask and somehow breath out through the tape? Should I continue to search out for a FFM that works for me? 

I am hoping the new tech at the next DME will do a better job on the masks than the past two, but I won't get my hopes up too high.
Post Reply Post Reply
The past two nights I set my pressures to what Sleeprider gave me not so long ago 10 - 12.5. Night one, I used a Wisp Nasal while taping my mouth shut wearing my Dr Dakota collar. The second night I used my FFM F20 Airfit and cervical collar. Although both were under 5.00, the OA's and snoring have me quite concerned. 

I am hoping my new DME will call me soon with my new machine and actually be able to help me with a proper mask as I feel the masks are part of the problem. So far I have not had any success with my 2 previous DME's. In the meantime is there any suggestions to get my OA's & snoring under control? Thanks so much.
[attachment=7613][attachment=7614]
Post Reply Post Reply
To reduce your snores and OA’s you need to increase you minimum pressure I would try increasing the minimum pressure to 11 to reduce the OA’s more
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7620 Wrote:jaswilliams pid='267595' dateline='1533187593']To reduce your snores and OA’s you need to increase you minimum pressure I would try increasing the minimum pressure to 11 to reduce the OA’s more

Thanks Jaswilliams. I have increased minimum to 11 and hope this will make a difference. Last night was a horrendous experience. When I looked at my "welcome" this morning it showed I had no mask leaks but I woke up with the bottom of the FFM F-20 in my mouth and leaking like mad. Could my old machine possibly be just worn out? 
[attachment=7620]
Post Reply Post Reply
Michael, have we tried a soft cervical collar with you yet?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2018, 08:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Michael, have we tried a soft cervical collar with you yet?

I purchased a Dr Dakota and then tried to switch back to a ffm but seemed my numbers increased. Been on the collar about 3 weeks now . My best numbers are with the Wisp nasal mask, collar & tape  I am afraid of swallowing the tape and really hope there is a better option. If know when I see my new sleep tech at the DME he will scream about using tape as if he never heard of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all. Seems I have struggled with this forever. Although my AHI is down in the treated range, I am baffled by my graphs. I have been using a nasal mask as I've achieved no success with the 2 F20's available (as well as a few other FFM's) I am waiting on a new DME to get back to me but I am not certain he will be any better than the last two I had. I am hopefully waiting on a new Resmed as my Phillips System One is from 2009-2011 model year. 

Looking at the attached chart, I feel I have been experiencing too many apneas, continued snoring, low Tidal Volume as well as a host of other issues. Sleepyhead is the only place for me to get answers and have done a wonderful job. I've gone through hell as in the last 18 months I have gone through 2 sleep studies in 2 different states receiving two different results. Although I have had 2 sleep doctors since November of 2016, I've yet to see either. My next appointment is in October and then I can assure you I will only see a nurse. My communication with the nurse is via e-mail only and their office is only 7 miles from my door. That is why I depend on Sleepyhead.

If there are any suggestions please let me know. I am using a Wisp nasal mask, I tape my mouth, and wear a Dr Dakota Eliminator cervical collar. My neck cannot get under the collar and use a fairly flat pillow to keep it level. I am not content to have a "treatable number" but want the sleep I deserve. Thank you so much for being here for people like me.
[attachment=7668]
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that you need more maximum pressure to treat your OA's your machine is still seeing snores and obstructions even though it is spending a large amount of time at your max pressure of 13. If this was my graphs I would raise the max pressure to 15 and see if that helps lower the AHI, as your machine is been chocked by its settings at this point possibly when you roll onto your back
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip. Pressure of 15 max has caused large mask leaks on the full face masks, Hopefully the nasal won't do all the fluttering as the FFM did. I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 364 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question O2 Pattern familiar? in Summary in Wellue/Viatom's ViHealth app DavidEsp 6 814 04-16-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  OSCAR data showing summary only DadDio79 10 1,092 12-23-2021, 11:33 PM
Last Post: DadDio79
  [Equipment] Summary data only dickydutch 5 1,024 08-25-2021, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question New here, loaded data to OSCAR - only summary data swampbastard99 5 1,827 03-10-2020, 01:43 PM
  sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) JohnnyGobbs 15 3,465 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
  Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary? harmon k 6 1,604 02-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Beej

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.