Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Summary
RE: AHI Summary
(08-06-2018, 01:55 PM)michael9346 Wrote: Thanks for the tip. Pressure of 15 max has caused large mask leaks on the full face masks, Hopefully the nasal won't do all the fluttering as the FFM did. I will keep you posted.

As youv'e had issues before raise the max pressure gradually (.05 cm at atime) maybe that will reduce the AHI without a major increase in leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaswilliams, I have raised the pressure to 15 max and Monday looked promising. Although Tuesday wasn't terrible I am concerned about aerophagia and increased pb's. It also told me I had major leaks. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do for the low min tidal volume number but Sleeprider had a concern about that a few weeks ago and I haven't seen any improvement.  As I mentioned before, I am using a Wisp nasal mask, taping my mouth and wearing a Dr. Dakota collar so I am not sure what more apparatus I can put on my head. (I won't ask my wife that question for fear she may suggest a plastic bag) I thought I would try my F-20 Airtouch FFM tonight to see if it will help the aerophagia

Post Reply Post Reply
The last few nights you have been nowhere near the max pressure of 15 your maximum pressure there was 13.5 I would leave the settings where they are to settle for now and see what happens for a few more nights. Your Ahi is pretty good. A bit more minimum pressure may be needed to reduce the oa’s further, but time will tell. I don’t think there is much you can do about the tidal volume, unless sleeprider has any ideas
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2018, 02:56 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 01:55 PM)michael9346 Wrote: Thanks for the tip. Pressure of 15 max has caused large mask leaks on the full face masks, Hopefully the nasal won't do all the fluttering as the FFM did. I will keep you posted.

As youv'e had issues before raise the max pressure gradually (.05 cm at atime) maybe that will reduce the AHI without a major increase in leaks.
Jaswilliams...As I mentioned earlier I switched from the nasal mask to the F-20 FFM. (with the heavier silicone) Day one was satisfactory to me as I didn't tape. Still not crazy about the events. As in the past, day 2 on the same mask was a disaster. I did clean it with a mask wipe on 2nd day. I increased my max pressure .05 as suggested and the leaks, fluttering and fit were terrible. After my first break, I struggled with the mask until 2 AM and then just gave up. I also believe I am having issues with the machine because the pressure seemed much weaker coming in and going out. The Sleepyhead report showed no mask leaks, but that cannot be true. On a positive note the tidal volume on the FFM is much better if that means anything. I am hopefully waiting on a new Resmed Airsense from a new DME, but have not heard anything from them in 3 weeks so I am losing faith.

Post Reply Post Reply
In my daily struggle to get a mask without leaks I went back to my very first mask, the Easy Life Nasal and after two days now I have had no leak issues. It seemed more comfortable than the F-20's I have used and much more comfortable than the Wisp nasal masks. I have seen my pressure creep up and occurrences of OA's increased. I went from 15 pressure to 16 after the increase. I am curious if I should set it at 20 max to handle any new increases? I am also very concerned with my Tidal Volume as it is exceptionally low. Sleeprider had a concern for that as well but in all honesty I have no idea what it means. I would greatly appreciate any answers and thoughts to help me improve my numbers. ( I wear a cervical collar and also tape my mouth)

Until I get a new DME I will have to hang onto this old System One. I am losing faith in that ever happening. I have now waited four weeks  for my last DME in this area to get my new Resmed machine in and make a first appointment with my DME. Until then I will just have to work with what I have and my sleep doctor won't even answer an e-mail. He always has someone else do it......Michael

[attachment=7798]
Post Reply Post Reply
Michael, looks like an improvement. I don't have a therapy suggestion, and your Vt is fine, but on the low side of normal. There is no way to do anything about it on CPAP anyway. A suggestion for your charts is to over-ride the Y-axis on flow rate and set the minimum to -100 and maximum to +100. Tidal volume can be set to 100 to 800. Changing scale on these graphs can really help you to see where changes are happening and makes the graphs look more consistent than the default auto-scaling.

With regard to pressure, the machine went to a maximum pressure of 14.7 even though your maximum setting was 16.0, so I don't see any reason to increase maximum pressure. As you probably know it is the minimum pressure that is used to prevent obstructive apnea, so if anything should change, it would be to increase that in 0.5 cm increments. All of your OA arises out of the current minimum pressure of 11.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider thanks as always. I bumped minimum to 11.5 as suggested. Thanks for the tip on y-axis. I didn't even know I could move them. As I originally said, my son gave me this System One a year ago and it was set up by his DME and I have only changed therapy settings. If there is a change I should make on any other charts please let me know. It's great finding out an old dog can learn new tricks! 

I've meant to tell you even though I was born and raised in Cleveland, I love your city. I opened the Pittsburgh area up for my employer establishing bakery accounts like Bethel Bakery, Oakmont Bakery and all the other fine bakeries in eastern Pa. A great people town as well as sports. Hopefully my Brownies can re-establish the excitement in the games like we used to have with the Steelers. Your city Murrysville is a beautiful suburb. Have friends in the South Hills as well as Canonsburg. (just not a friend of the traffic)
Post Reply Post Reply
Michael, don't look now, but I grew up in Berea and my back yard butted up against what is now the Browns practice facility. We were family friends with the Grozas, so i was able to go the the Hiram training camps and meet all the great old Browns and coaches. I only disowned them after they were moved to Baltimore. The new team is a running joke due to the ownership.

Oakmont Bakery is the best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lou the toe Groza. Man could he kick. Hated the move to Baltimore and detested the Ravens. Funny how the Steelers picked up the hatred for the Ravens. Cleveland's back this year. I predict they will win one game. 

Oakmont is building a new facility .30,000 sq ft . I'll stop with this Facebook chatter but shows you what a small world this is. ..Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
I took up my minimum .05 as suggested but unfortunately my AHI went up and had 26 OA events. It seems like every mask I try works for 2 days and then things go to hell in a handbasket. Any thoughts?

[attachment=7822]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question O2 Pattern familiar? in Summary in Wellue/Viatom's ViHealth app DavidEsp 6 778 04-16-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  OSCAR data showing summary only DadDio79 10 1,047 12-23-2021, 11:33 PM
Last Post: DadDio79
  [Equipment] Summary data only dickydutch 5 993 08-25-2021, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question New here, loaded data to OSCAR - only summary data swampbastard99 5 1,800 03-10-2020, 01:43 PM
  sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) JohnnyGobbs 15 3,428 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
  Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary? harmon k 6 1,586 02-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Beej

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.