Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI all over the place, pretty frustrated...
RE: AHI all over the place, pretty frustrated...
It is best to see the data in trends, not a single night. Which is why changes should be made slowly, to see how each change effects the trends.

Looking at your data, and ignoring the changes you made, you are having a lot of CA events. It could be the change in machines though. Different algorithm confusing the brain. It happens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
cpap is one constant pressure through inhale/exhale
bipap is 2 pressures.  one for inhale, one for exhale

bipap is used to treat the more complex cases of sleep apnea.  i.e. when central apneas are involved.  I would recommend the sleep lab route rather than jumping the gun and purchasing a bipap...

if you just bought the cpap then i'd wait and see how well this board can help you before deciding on the bipap route.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 12:30 PM)cbombzzz Wrote: Ok, I will work on this. 
How many days of information is valuable? Do you need data from when I just ran the pressure at 8.0 or would you like to see when I changed the pressure to vary? I have so much info and it is all over the place I don't know what would help you.

Thank you,

cbombzzz

Your profile states you have a DreamStation Pro. That is a fixed pressure machine. If you have an AutoSet, please clarify.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 02:00 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
How many days of information is valuable? Do you need data from when I just ran the pressure at 8.0 or would you like to see when I changed the pressure to vary? I have so much info and it is all over the place I don't know what would help you.

Thank you,

cbombzzz

Your profile states you have a DreamStation Pro.  That is a fixed pressure machine.  If you have an AutoSet, please clarify.

In the Therapy section of the CPAP machine, I have the option to set to Auto for a limited number of days, up to 30. With Auto on, I can set a minimum and maximum pressure. That's what I have been playing around with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 02:38 PM)cbombzzz Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 02:00 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

Thank you,

cbombzzz

Your profile states you have a DreamStation Pro.  That is a fixed pressure machine.  If you have an AutoSet, please clarify.

In the Therapy section of the CPAP machine, I have the option to set to Auto for a limited number of days, up to 30. With Auto on, I can set a minimum and maximum pressure. That's what I have been playing around with.

Ah, that explains the confusion.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 01:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It is best to see the data in trends, not a single night. Which is why changes should be made slowly, to see how each change effects the trends.

Looking at your data, and ignoring the changes you made, you are having a lot of CA events. It could be the change in machines though. Different algorithm confusing the brain. It happens.

What would be the suggestion from here? 
Go back to my previous machine?
Go back to set pressure at 8.0?
Go to a set pressure at a higher level?
Go back to the SwiftFX nasal pillow mask?
Adjust Flex back down?
All of the above?

I'll work on the Sleepyhead data tonight. Is there a specific file folder location the data is loaded so I can copy that and paste to my desktop PC? I can if necessary pull the SD cards and load again if that would be better.

Thoughts?

cbombzzz
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 02:49 PM)cbombzzz Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 01:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It is best to see the data in trends, not a single night. Which is why changes should be made slowly, to see how each change effects the trends.

What would be the suggestion from here? 
Go back to my previous machine?
Go back to set pressure at 8.0?
Go to a set pressure at a higher level?
Go back to the SwiftFX nasal pillow mask?
Adjust Flex back down?
All of the above?

I'll work on the Sleepyhead data tonight. Is there a specific file folder location the data is loaded so I can copy that and paste to my desktop PC? I can if necessary pull the SD cards and load again if that would be better.

Thoughts?

cbombzzz

I gave you directions in My Post #4 on how to organize your charts and post here.
See my signature line.

Agree with Paula, don’t make a lot of changes at one time.

If you do that, there is no way to know what helped and what didn’t.

Post a couple graphs here. Mabye one or two with the straight pressure and one or two using the auto range.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 12:58 PM)cbombzzz Wrote: What's the difference between CPAP and BIPAP and any others?
Frick, I just bought this machine. ...
Is a titration study done in a lab again? Or is that something I can have done at home? 
I guess it's time to schedule an appointment with my Doc. Damn!...

Differences are small & subtle to considerable and critical; not necessary to discuss right now (dance with the one you came to the party with [sic] Apologies for the grammar!) Your machine can provide a lot of important information, and it can help you discover if you need bi-level treatment.

Titration can be effectively done at home (I've had once, and will never go back to clinical) but it depends whether your sleep medicine clinic offers it (and is willing. Depending on your city and healthcare, you may have some choice.

Definitely need to get with your doctor. However, your meeting will be far more productive if you have data to discuss with her/him. Get some SH charts to discuss. And you would be ever-so-wise to get some advice from the gurus here before going to your doctor. (Nobody here will give contra-indicated advice, yet can help eliminate chaff and highlight issues that Doc can address.)

HTH
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5224][attachment=5223][attachment=5222][attachment=5221]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=5225]
Ok, there they are. I can get older data before I switched to the DreamStation Pro if necessary.
This may help also.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 331 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 1,015 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 591 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,146 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,423 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  [CPAP] New to cpap my apnea events are all over the place can someone help me? LiquidOcelot 13 1,350 06-27-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Lots of issues, getting very frustrated. Help? fuccrat 0 417 05-05-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: fuccrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.