Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI and AI Issues
Question 
AHI and AI Issues
I have a couple of areas I want to discuss, but to figure out how this forum works lets start with AHI and AI questions. First I use a VPAP Resmed 25 I think its called. Lately I've been getting strange readings. I might throw an AHI of 26 and an AI of 8 one day and the next AHI of 5 and AI of .4. I've begun to suspect that the trips from the dresser to the floor over the last year have skewed results? Could it be mask firmness (full face)? My pressure runs around 20 most of the time. My job reviews these figures periodically and it is troubling to see numbers like the 26/8. Anyone have any inkling what's going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI and AI Issues
Hi Captain Bill
Sometimes unplugging and plugging the machine can help.
Large leak can affect the data.
Wouldn't be a doctor note that sleep apnea is been treated and you,re compliant with the therapy enough for the job review.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2012, 04:13 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi Captain Bill
Sometimes unplugging and plugging the machine can help.
Large leak can affect the data.
Wouldn't be a doctor note that sleep apnea is been treated and you,re compliant with the therapy enough for the job review.

*LOL* Thats fun. Clearly you don't have to deal with the branches of the Military. I unplug and plug in often because I travel a lot. My machine notes large leaks and it shows up in the daily reviews. Do these machines ever spew irrelevant data, especially if they've been knocked off the stand during the night? I appreciate your help and any suggestions on tweaking pressures would be appreciated. Sleep study says the best level is about 18, but sometimes that gives crazy numbers.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a full face mask and the original equipment leaked a bit. It wasn't enough to bother me because I was feeling better every week with cpap. After 2 months I decided to replace the gel insert and the flap. What a huge difference. This flap (the clear part over the gel insert) felt different. It holds a seal much better.

If you haven't replaced these parts on your mask recently, you might want to try that to see if that stops or reduces the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2012, 07:01 PM)iSnooze Wrote: I have a full face mask and the original equipment leaked a bit. It wasn't enough to bother me because I was feeling better every week with cpap. After 2 months I decided to replace the gel insert and the flap. What a huge difference. This flap (the clear part over the gel insert) felt different. It holds a seal much better.

If you haven't replaced these parts on your mask recently, you might want to try that to see if that stops or reduces the leaks.

Thanks, I replace most of the consumables monthly. I've tweaked it a bit, but most recently my Sleep Medicine Doctors office made changes, primarily increasing the pressure to 19. I'm uncertain how to tweak from here except to increase the pressure again, or increase the floor pressure to fend off the AHI's. Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 223 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 114 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.