Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI and P10 hose placement
AHI and P10 hose placement
In my quest for lower AHI scores, I have tried everything, wearing cervical collar, pillow behind back, taping, analyzing sleepyhead data, etc. For the most part it has worked quite well and I managed to get my AHI's down from 8-24 to roughly 3-7.

Well, the other night I tucked my hose on my P10 under my neck towards my back and up over my headboard, quite by accident. Previously my hose laid on the pillow in front of me and then up and over the headboard. The results were wonderful. Since that night, 5 nights ago, I have had a constant AHI in low 2's. I am also sleeping better and pressures seemed to have dropped slightly.

I believe it is due to the fact that when the hose was in front, it would pull causing leaks, fall off pillow causing leaks, etc and that was disturbing my sleep, a lot. Now that the hose is tucked under my neck and out the back so to speak, I hardly notice it at all. It no longer pulls, can't fall off of the pillow and since I have a pillow behind my back, I don't roll so it not a problem of winding it around me. I mean the P10 is very non intrusive to begin with but this makes it feel like it is not there all together. I can't even feel the hose under my neck. Perhaps pillow or cervical collar is cushioning it a bit or it is just a natural fit. Seems like a more normal configuration for the hose since it now creates a more natural curve to the connection on the nasal pillow end.

Anyways, if anyone is heaving issue with their hose, give this a try as it just might help others beside me.
I was going to buy a hose buddy once I got my new machine but now I don't think I will.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI and P10 hose placement
I assume you are using a hose cover, but if not, give it a try for greater comfort. I have mine over the short hose and the main CPAP hose leading to the mask. Like you, I often lay on it, and find the cover is a lot more comfy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No hose cover yet. I should be getting my new AirCurve 10 Vauto hopefully next week so I am just waiting for that to make sure I get the proper hose cover. Guess i could pre-order it off of Amazon. Either way, I will definitely be purchasing one.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible that you do what I do when a hose is in front of me, I catch it on bedding, my arms, you name it I will snag the hose on it!
That is why I have tie-wrapped my hose to the side of the Nasal Pillows I don't normally sleep on.  This is just to get the hose going direct to the back of the head.
I used to have Nasal Pillows that the hose was designed to go down or over the head, but they recommended it go over the head.
As soon as I got these it was almost like comfort sleeping in a bed of feathers.
I found over the head is the best way for the hose to go, when I had to use a full-faced mask the first thing I did was to fasten the hose to the headgear so it went over the top of my head.  It does take a bit of getting used to, but once you use it like this it is hard to do anything else, it moves better with you and you can toss and turn all you want without it affecting the mask very much.  In fact the only time I used to knock the mask is when it came directly in contact with bedding, even that was no big deal.

Experimentation is the name of the game.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.