Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI averages in the 40s. Need help adjusting settings.
RE: AHI averages in the 40s. Need help adjusting settings.
I will second what Dave said above. If you feel terrible--I did on Bi-level (much worse for me than APAP)--make it clear that you can not tolerate any more of it. With your numbers and such declarations, the doctor will be required to act. It may mean another sleep study.

From my understanding, there is no amount of tweaking will satisfactorily treat complex apnea with a Bi-level.

My case was relatively "borderline" compared with yours, which is anything but borderline.

ASVs are designed to treat the problems you are having. I'm so grateful I pushed and got approved for mine. It has made a big difference.

I will defer to many other members' knowledge of settings, etc. What I can offer is that, like Dave, this is a path I have walked.

Try to get the ResMed ASV.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Bill... I really appreciate your help and advise. I made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow at 8am. I also printed out some of the Sleepyhead reports and even some of the comments made here on this board. I'm hoping for the best outcome. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Hello [b]jaswilliams[/b] ,

I have been struggling over the years with CPAP and finally got a BPAP about a year ago. My AHI numbers used to be off the charts and for whatever reason I could not make it through the night with a CPAP. With my BPAP, my AHI numbers have come down from 30-40 range to now ranging from 7-12.

Here are my settings... any advise would be great. 

My doctor suggested:
Mode: AutoBiLevel
Min EPAP: 8.00
Max IPAP: 12.00

But to be honest, he didn't care to see my SleepHead data I brought in and spent all of 5 minutes with me.

Therefore since I know little about this, perhaps some experienced CPAP/BPAP users may be able to help me improve my scores getting the AHI numbers below 5.0?

As you suggested; here is a screenshot of my recent sleep data where I scored a 7.59 (this is pretty good score for me although I'd like to improve it).

The only other thing is I feel as if I'm not getting enough air when I inhale.

An off topic subject was my experience using the ozone cleaning device that I developed allergy to. (I spent a lot of time tracking that down, and just in case anyone else is having allergic reactions issues, I may be  able to help).  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 103 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 791 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 572 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 7 888 07-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.