Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI, below 5, but at least one major event and still sleepy
Question 
AHI, below 5, but at least one major event and still sleepy
Well first thanks for the great Forum.
I am using a CPAP now for a year , and still am getting at least one major event ( waking up) a night. I have adjusted my pressure and my AHi is now 2.5 . I should be rested in the morning , but am not.Very tired.[/align]

Yes the easiest would be go to the Dr, but I am uninsured and working currently in Russia ( not speaking it) .
I would like to here from others. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI, below 5, but at least one major event and still sleepy
Hi jholdsn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

Sorry you are having issues. It doesn't help when you don't speak the language.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2013, 02:20 PM)jholdsn Wrote: I am using a CPAP now for a year , and still am getting at least one major event ( waking up) a night.

It's normal to wake up during the night. As long as you can get back t sleep that's nothing to worry about.

Quote:I have adjusted my pressure and my AHi is now 2.5 . I should be rested in the morning , but am not.Very tired.

Have you checked to see if your leak rate is below the acceptable level?

Still feeling tired during the day after a year of CPAP therapy is not something to be alarmed about. You could discuss it with a doctor, but there are other things you can try, too. Avoid caffeine. Exercise regularly. Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning.

It could be that you are still in the process of adapting to CPAP therapy.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2013, 02:20 PM)jholdsn Wrote: I am using a CPAP now for a year , and still am getting at least one major event ( waking up) a night.

It's normal to wake up during the night. As long as you can get back to sleep that's nothing to worry about.

Quote:I have adjusted my pressure and my AHi is now 2.5 . I should be rested in the morning , but am not.Very tired.

Have you checked to see if your leak rate is below the acceptable level?

Still feeling tired during the day after a year of CPAP therapy is not something to be alarmed about. You could discuss it with a doctor, but there are other things you can try, too. Avoid caffeine. Exercise regularly. Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning.

It could be that you are still in the process of adapting to CPAP therapy.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest checking your leak rates. Also, depending on where you are in Russia, there are a lot of things in your diet that could affect your well being - Try and lower the fat load of your diet - Russian food can be very fatty, stay away from fast food there, even Rostik's (love their chicken), they load a lot of it with sugar which will play merry hell with your insulin levels, and, lastly, if you are not Russian and have only been there a few years, you really aren't used to the winters, the darkness if you are in any of the more northern regions (including Moscow and St. Petersburg) and that as well can make a mess of your biorhythms. Of course, you could also suffer from b12 and D deficiency, brought on by the cold dark weather. And of course, your thyroid can be out of whack.

Even with low AHI, btw, if you are doing self adjustment, please check your sO2sats. Sometimes even these low rates may be meaningless if your sO2sats are dropped. Since leaks and other problems can cause your reported AHI levels to drop, you need to be sure, and that is the best way to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2013, 03:00 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

Sorry you are having issues. It doesn't help when you don't speak the language.

The secret police aren't much help either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jholdsn!

Welcome

Hopefully someone here has direct experience with your machine and software.
You might need to post some graphs here for the folks to look at.
If you can zoom in to the time your waking event took place as well some of the analytic types here could figure out what's happening.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 355 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 236 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 316 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 542 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 351 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 331 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 447 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.