Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie... Dizzyness
newbie... Dizzyness
This may sound odd, but i have had constant dizzyness 24/7 since last August. I have been using BPAP for 3-4 years now. I have been to several different Dr's, and have had several tests done, MRI, tilt table, hearing, eyes, and all have been fine. Is it possible that the full face mask and straps be causing the dizzyness? Any one else have a dizzyness problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie... Dizzyness
It has been rarely reported on this forum.
Mask and straps are not likely at fault.
More likely Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_par...al_vertigo
Has your doc had you try the Epley Maneuver?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epley_maneuver
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes. not positional vertigo, not meniers.
Post Reply Post Reply
sinus and ear issues can cause dizziness among a whole lot of other things. If you haven't already, check it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been dizzy the same way you describe since January so I feel your pain. I've also had the gauntlet of testing done, and go in a week for seizure testing. I have asked if it could be related cpap and the answer from all of my docs was no. Hope you find an answer because so far I've come up empty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get vertigo if I sat in the car too long and then got out and stood up. It has actually gotten better since I have been on VPAP.

Or maybe it is that I was blonde and it has gotten better since I went gray. Grin Huh

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2015, 02:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I used to get vertigo if I sat in the car too long and then got out and stood up. It has actually gotten better since I have been on VPAP.

Or maybe it is that I was blonde and it has gotten better since I went gray. Grin Huh

Payton -- you, more likely, have orthostatic hypotension. Certain antihypertensive medications have that as a side effect.

If you were blonde; and are now gray -- why are you still adding oil to your engine by pouring it all over the engine?
[Image: ivzrXtM_zpsd46b0119.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dnvrmark,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sure you Have tried different types of maskss, right?
I sure hope you are able to figure out what’s causing your dizziness.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2015, 03:03 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 02:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I used to get vertigo if I sat in the car too long and then got out and stood up. It has actually gotten better since I have been on VPAP.

Payton -- you, more likely, have orthostatic hypotension. Certain antihypertensive medications have that as a side effect.

If you were blonde; and are now gray -- why are you still adding oil to your engine by pouring it all over the engine?
[Image: ivzrXtM_zpsd46b0119.gif]

Seemed like the thing to do!!! Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 271 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.