Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI data from my S8 VPAP-S
AHI data from my S8 VPAP-S
Although I was unable to get data from my machine for import into software -- due to the odd data card and unobtainable card reader -- I was able to get it from the clinician menu. Thanks to now having the manual.

My AHI is around 5.8 and is very close to that over the last week, month, 6mos, and 1 year.

That sounds rather good for a person whose initial sleep study showed 32 per hour.

I have OSA without centrals. Should I look for a better AHI than 5.8?
I have an option to get a new study since it's been 4 years since my original.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI data from my S8 VPAP-S
Hi justMongo,
Well the docs like it to be below 5.
Are you having problems with leaks?
Hang in there for suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo, I have a sleep study every two years just like a check up, to make sure my pressures are right etc. An AHI of 5.8 is good versus 32 but the lower the better. There could be some reason why it is not lower that can be easily fixed. The other thing to consider is how you feel each day and whether you still have symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2013, 02:02 AM)Tez62 Wrote: justMongo, I have a sleep study every two years just like a check up, to make sure my pressures are right etc. An AHI of 5.8 is good versus 32 but the lower the better. There could be some reason why it is not lower that can be easily fixed. The other thing to consider is how you feel each day and whether you still have symptoms.

I'm not feeling well when compared to a year ago. But, then I have other issues that seem more likely to be the cause.
In my sleep study, 4 years ago, my PaSO2 desaturated even on "optimum" bilevel -- especially during REM.
(Why REM, I don't know) I have a 2 LPM O2 flow into my CPAP stream.

Looking at my polysomnography report from 2009, I had an AHI of 9.7 per hour while on bilevel CPAP.

@trish6hundred: No leak problem. I use the Mirage Quattro FF mask; and it seals well.
I cannot stand a leak. I would never get to sleep with a leaking mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 626 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 467 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.