Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI - different readings on my machine and my software
RE: AHI - different readings on my machine and my software
(11-05-2015, 11:50 AM)fblauer Wrote: I am using the resmed system one latest model with bluetooth. Sometimes the readings for the 1 day AHI are completely different between the machine and the software that collects the data. I am using the app supplied by respironics. For example, this morning it says that the AHI is 10 and my machine, but the mobile app says that it is 4. How do I know which one is right?

If you look at it with Sleepyhead software (link on top of this page), Under File -> Preferences -> Import, there's a slider for "Combine Close Sessions" which will show your split sessions as one night and calculate the AHI correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have been using the DreamStation, also getting two different numbers and was told that the machine shows the last session and app is from noon-noon average. Is this right? I don't know. My machine display AHI is always higher than the app's, by at least double. I like my app's numbers much better, haha. Looking forward to a straight answer and also for SleepyHead to work with my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2015, 05:59 PM)pwgphoto Wrote: Looking forward to a straight answer and also for SleepyHead to work with my machine.

Any way you can have your doc check your data? I'd really be surprised if, when your machine reports the one-day AHI, it's really the AHI of your last session.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is respironics system one. Sorry if I made a mistake. Maybe I got confused with my mask. According to the company (respironics), a new session will start if you stop for longer than 1/2 hour. They said that the machine will show the last session and the software the full day from noon to noon (no matter how many sessions). I tried sleepy head, and it seems to give the same results as the bluetooth app (respironics software)
Post Reply Post Reply
fblauer I am glad you can check your Respironics machine with SleepyHead and the DreamMapper software and are getting the same, lower number than your machine shows. It gives me a little more confidence in going with the DreamMapper AHI# with my Respironics DreamStation machine. SleepyHead does not work with my machine yet and I have been getting two different AHI#'s since I started CPAP two weeks ago. I just don't get why they would make the machine's record the number different. I am also not sure about the 1/2 hour break to reset the machines sessions. I don't think I have ever had a break longer than a couple minutes and many nights I don't think I have had a break and the machine # is always higher. For now I will go with the DreamMapper #. I have looked at the limited data the app gives, added the CSA's and OSA's, then divided by the # of hours of therapy and the number always comes up what the app says.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 639 9 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 437 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 213 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,011 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,208 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,108 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.