Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI event rate
AHI event rate
Love the fit of my new Swift FX Nano for her mask but my AHI rate has increased with it from 3.0 to 7.2.   Any answers as to why this increase has occured?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI event rate
What mask did you use prior to the Nano?
Also, there is a setting on your machine if you are changing mask types.

I'm not sure what else may cause a higher AHI.  It could be just a coincidence.

Download the #SleepyHead software and start to look at your data.  Once you have it downloaded, check back here and give us some data....like your AHI, obstructives, hypopneas, clear airways, leak rate, etc.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Qualicum Beach,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Were you using a different type of mask before you switched to the Nano? It might be that you need to change your mask settings to match the Nano.
Hang in there for more answers to your question, good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using Airfit P10.  I did change the setting from pillow to nasal, but my events per hr. increased from 3.0 to 7.3?
Post Reply Post Reply
I could see the AHI may be a little higher going from a nasal pillow mask to a nasal mask, but yours has more than doubled.

Is there anything else that has changed besides masks, like starting any new or different medications?

Download the #SleepyHead software and we can take a look at your graphs.
There is no other way to see what is going on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 09:09 PM)Qualicum Beach user Wrote: I was using Airfit P10.  I did change the setting from pillow to nasal, but my events per hr. increased from 3.0 to 7.3?

For how many nights? It could be transient, and after a few nights of sleeping with the new mask it will go back down.

What is the reason you changed masks?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 applies pressure more directly. If your additional events are obstructive or hypopnea, then it might be appropriate to raise minimum pressure. If events are central then it may just be a matter of adapting to the new mask. These are the kind of questions that using software can quickly resolve by correlating events to pressure and making comparisons between the two masks. #Sleepyhead is free. If you have a computer, there is no good reason not to use it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As another possibility, the nasal mask wasn't treating you properly and the FFM is sealing your mouth and nose, so the true extent of your apnea is being measured? In any case it sounds like you might need more pressure. Download sleepyhead from the top pf the page and post some charts.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 99 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 90 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.