Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI gone a bit wrong
RE: AHI gone a bit wrong
Increasing EPR without adding the same value to your starting IPAP pressure will most likely increase the hypopneas or OAs.  OAs and hypopnea are controlled by your EPAP pressure. The EPR feature subtracts its value from the set pressure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a simple math issue..  The clinic has limited staff to see thousands of patients.  They will never be able to keep up.  

They are going to ask you "well how is it going"?  As long as you say good.  They will say see ya bye bye now...

If you say Oh its bad the say hummm..  Well the machine should fix you..humm.  Oh wait your AHI numbers are below 5, oh you are fine.. bye bye now..

Good luck
Come back and tell us what they said..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
So if I increase EPR then do I need to increase the minimum APAP pressure, it's currently at 7. What do you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
So if I increase EPR then do I need to increase the minimum APAP pressure, it's currently at 7. What do you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would just change the EPR and go up the same amount on the min
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again everyone xx
Post Reply Post Reply
Boxermum treatment thread
Hi Guys

I have been diddling along quite nicely for a while and had no problems until the last few nights. My pressure seems to be spiking quite high again and waking me up so I then reset and start agin. I have attached 3 Oscar screenshots, the first is what I conseider to be my 'normal' and the other 2 are from the last couple of days. Any insights into what is happening and why would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It LOOKS. Like EPR is at 2, if so move to 3. Set your max to stop runaway high pressures. The flow limits is what is driving up the max pressure. Lower the max to 14. You can move up or down by now many obstructive apnea you have. More obstructive apnea move the max up, less pressure if obstructive are constant.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats funny is my used to do this when I would have a lot of Diary.  I discovered it when to wife went on a kick to have ice cream before bed.  This went on fo a week before I was like Thinking-about  What has changed?  weight no, medication no, bedtime no, wife no.  ICE CREAM!!!????  No dairy or caffeine after 3 pm now...  no issues.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2021, 08:14 AM)staceyburke Wrote: It LOOKS. Like EPR is at 2, if so move to 3. Set your max to stop runaway high pressures. The flow limits is what is driving up the max pressure. Lower the max to 14. You can move up or down by now many obstructive apnea you have. More obstructive apnea move the max up, less pressure if obstructive are constant.

Thank you I will try that and see what happens over the next few days. I thought at some point I would need a bit tweaking  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 115 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 565 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,531 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 334 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 495 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 627 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 693 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.