Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI help
AHI help
Hello all.  I have been using a CPAP for about 2 years.  Recently I have been having some issues.  I do have an appointment scheduled to see my doctor.  But I wanted to see if anyone had any insights.  

Some days I will have 0,2-3.0 AHI events (which I was told is good).  Other days I will have 10-20 AHI events.  Per sleepyhead, the days of 10+ are a mixture of Clear Airway events and Obstructive events.  This just started happening the last month plus.  

How Can I have days of <3 to days of >10 in the same week and this pattern happens weekly.  

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI help
(07-01-2019, 02:09 PM)stevemjc Wrote: How Can I have days of <3 to days of >10 in the same week and this pattern happens weekly.  

What medications are you taking? Did you take, or consume, anything on the days with the higher AHI's? Please post a high AHI day so we can see what happened during the night.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2019, 03:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 02:09 PM)stevemjc Wrote: How Can I have days of <3 to days of >10 in the same week and this pattern happens weekly.  

What medications are you taking?  Did you take, or consume, anything on the days with the higher AHI's?  Please post a high AHI day so we can see what happened during the night.

Post what?  Sorry new to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
You list that you use SleepyHead. A screenshot of the Daily screen is what I am referring to.

Look at my links below, on how to organize and display your chart, as well as, how to post the screenshot image here. OSCAR is the continuation of the SleepyHead project, but the directions are the same for both.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2019, 02:09 PM)stevemjc Wrote: Hello all.  I have been using a CPAP for about 2 years.  Recently I have been having some issues.  I do have an appointment scheduled to see my doctor.  But I wanted to see if anyone had any insights.  

Some days I will have 0,2-3.0 AHI events (which I was told is good).  Other days I will have 10-20 AHI events.  Per sleepyhead, the days of 10+ are a mixture of Clear Airway events and Obstructive events.  This just started happening the last month plus.  

How Can I have days of <3 to days of >10 in the same week and this pattern happens weekly.  

Thanks for your help.

Many factors can come to bear here: money problems and other sleep inhibitors/stressors, medical issues and their 'cures', how tired you were when you elected to retire for the night, including how late, quality of sleep any one night, relationship problems, marital quality (ponder that for a while), missing friends or hobby time, and so on.  If we can assume that your machine is functioning well, and that your mask is both suitable and well-fitted, and that you're not a back sleeper whose neck gets folded over as your chin tucks and closing off your airway, I dunno what's left.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2019, 03:14 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You list that you use SleepyHead. A screenshot of the Daily screen is what I am referring to.

Look at my links below, on how to organize and display your chart, as well as, how to post the screenshot image here.  OSCAR is the continuation of the SleepyHead project, but the directions are the same for both.

Will do as soon as I get home.  Should I stop using Sleepyhead and use OSCAR first?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you're using a very old version of SleepyHead, I wouldn't worry about it. We should be able see enough. If not, we'll worry about then.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=13378] Here is the screen shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a bunch of the event flags turned off?  I noticed a fairly significant AHI, but very few events showing on the graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure.  I noticed that too.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.