Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI increase now taking opioids
Question 
AHI increase now taking opioids
My AHI with my Dreamstation was always 5 or less. Recently, I've been taking opioids fot pain. I think this relaxes my throats and now my AHI has been around 15.
Should I adjust my Dreamstation pressure up or down by myself, call my home care company or doctor or should this be "expected" and I do nothing? BTW, I am now fired all day because of this, just like the times before I was diagnosed and started using machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI increase now taking opioids
You can do better filling out your profile...

Report the situation to your doctor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opioid use is usually associated with central apnea, so pressure changes on your CPAP will not help to resolve that. If you look at the data on #Sleepyhead, you can see your AHI breakdown by obstructive apnea (OA), Clear airway apnea (CA), hypopnea (H) and other events. Get the software, install it, and you can really track your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Buddyistan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Buddyistan. Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your need to take opioids is a temporary situation. Be sure to use Sleepyhead software so you can see what is going on.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,222 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 323 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 412 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 392 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,143 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.