Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI increasing.
AHI increasing.
I noticed my AHI is increasing.  I am not sure if my pressure should be adjusted.  Any thoughts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI increasing.
When using Oscar, hit F12 button and it saves a nice .png file that you can then attach to the messages.

Im not one of the "pros", but it looks like the machine is ramping you up to 13cm and staying there while it detects events.
Possibly try bumping the max pressure up a bit (14 or 15, not too much).
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say to eliminate the positional element that hit at 0015. This is one that cannot be resolved with pressure.
Read the soft cervical collar wiki linked in my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon - I certainly defer to you, but by way of edumacating.. what normally defines a chin-tucking etc issue vs inadequate pressure or even effects of too much EPR ?
I do see the clump of events at 1:15 but then also a smattering thru the night.
There is a few CAs, so does that presence tend to indicate avoiding a bump in pressure (make them worse) ?

FWIW, using EPR 3 (or sometimes 2) will give me scattered events, could that be an issue here ?
Post Reply Post Reply
When you eliminate the chin tucking and the obstructive events that go with it you could have altered other minor events as well.
IMHO eliminate the big clusters then reevaluate. It's the old one change at a time thing .
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, it's the cluster of obstructive events. We could be wrong, but our success rate of calling it is very high.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for everyone's feedback.  I will try the soft collar and let you all know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Pressure not increasing much due to the air vent holes being large CorruptAlligator 4 942 12-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  AHI Increasing, Struggling to read OSCAR Data cam412 12 1,138 12-29-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: cam412
  AHI is increasing. txrpls 2 675 10-25-2022, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Tips for Increasing Compliance GoliGoli 7 671 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  Advice on increasing pressure HaL R 33 2,407 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: HaL R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.