Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI index has taken a nose dive the past month
RE: AHI index has taken a nose dive the past month
(10-26-2016, 12:15 PM)pdbabb66 Wrote: Very comfortable with the pressure. I had zero problems with it. I'll go to 8 tonight and report back tomorrow.

You mean 9.0? Sounds like a good plan, and many of us are not bothered at all by these minimum pressures. I just don't want you to potentially over-shoot the sweet spot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2016, 01:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 12:15 PM)pdbabb66 Wrote: Very comfortable with the pressure. I had zero problems with it. I'll go to 8 tonight and report back tomorrow.

You mean 9.0? Sounds like a good plan, and many of us are not bothered at all by these minimum pressures. I just don't want you to potentially over-shoot the sweet spot.

Yes. I did mean 9. I didn't realize i wrote 8 until just now.

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2931]

My numbers took a dive again last night. I've been at this for almost 2 years now, and I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
I ask that you do the following:
  1. Please review item #14 on the following link: Posting SleepyHead Graphs to the Forum
  2. Use the F12 key to take the screenshot. It will disable the calendar and provide for a more complete display of data.
  3. The resulting screenshot will be stored in your SleepyHeadData/Screenshots directory as a PNG file.
  4. Remove your name prior to posting.
The steps above will allow for more informative data to be displayed and give you some privacy.

Looking forward to seeing your data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CA events are registering notably in your results. Pressure is not what we want with that situation. Going back to post #4 in this thread, I suggested just a reduction in EPR for central events, and to add 1-cm if the OA residual was still high. You reduced EPR and increased pressure by 1, and we didn't see those results. Your most recent posted chart shows improvement in AHI from 8.34 to 6.9, with most of the improvement being a reduction in CAI, and OAI essentially unchanged.

Perhaps, we should go back to your original pressure settings, use EPR at 0 and see what shakes out.

When you take the chart screenshots, please reduce the calendar by clicking the triangle in the top date bar to close the calendar. this will make more useful data visible. Also in File/Preferences/Appearance unclick the option to Show event breakdown pie chart. Finally, organize your charts by dragging leaks, snores and flow limits to the space occupied by mask pressure. It is all described here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the info on arranging the data. Here's Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please try Sleeprider's recommendation and set the EPR to 0 and see what happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2016, 11:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Please try Sleeprider's recommendation and set the EPR to 0 and see what happens.

The EPR settings on my machine are 3, 2, 1, Patient, and off. Is "Off" what you're referring to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Please set it to Off. This will check to see if your CA's are being caused by a CO2 washout.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I'll set it to off. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,042 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.