Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI index has taken a nose dive the past month
RE: AHI index has taken a nose dive the past month
[attachment=2940]

Here's last night. My numbers were much better. Thoughts moving forward? I did ask my girlfriend to tell me to roll to my side if i was on my back, and she did a couple of times.
Post Reply Post Reply
That seems to be progress compared to where you started from. I'd let this stand until next week, then look at the trend. Moving things around too soon can create more CA, and your OA is in decent shape here. There is room for improvement, but no need to start dial winging.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sleep!

I'll do as you suggest and report back next week some time. No dial winging...that's pretty funny
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I forgot to mention earlier was the EPR, or lack thereof. Initially, it was moderately difficult to exhale. This feeling went away after a short while, and I was off to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
At low pressures, EPR can complicate things, because it drops EPAP pressure low enough it can allow the airway to close. For example at EPR 3 with CPAP pressure at 7.0, EPAP is 4.0. As treatment pressures get higher, this problem may be less, but EPR works a lot differently form AFlex or CFlex, and is much more like bilevel.

In bilevel titration, the EPAP pressure is increased until obstructive apnea is controlled, then IPAP is increased to control hypopnea, and RERA. So, you can use a Resmed machine like bilevel, but you have to understand that you could end up with higher IPAP pressure in order to continue to control OSA when using higher settings of EPR. Does that make sense?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2016, 01:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: At low pressures, EPR can complicate things, because it drops EPAP pressure low enough it can allow the airway to close. For example at EPR 3 with CPAP pressure at 7.0, EPAP is 4.0. As treatment pressures get higher, this problem may be less, but EPR works a lot differently form AFlex or CFlex, and is much more like bilevel.

In bilevel titration, the EPAP pressure is increased until obstructive apnea is controlled, then IPAP is increased to control hypopnea, and RERA. So, you can use a Resmed machine like bilevel, but you have to understand that you could end up with higher IPAP pressure in order to continue to control OSA when using higher settings of EPR. Does that make sense?

The first part made perfect sense. I had to read the second part a couple times, and look at definitions, before my grasp became tighter.

Thank you so much! The education is fascinating!

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2943]

Numbers were even better last night. OSA'a were WAY down, while the centrals are still a little high.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2947]

Numbers are getting better by the day. We're on to something, here.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have posted the past week of Sleepyhead data to photobucket. Please give me your thoughts.

http://s434.photobucket.com/user/pdbabb66/library/

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted about 9 days of new data. Can you take a look at it please?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 152 8 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 114 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 160 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 247 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 207 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,242 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.