Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is fine.... mental fatigue is not
AHI is fine.... mental fatigue is not
I had a previous thread going that was more devoted to getting my CPAP dial in.  I think I have some pretty good settings, with AHI in the 1's and 2's.  I was curious what other things could be going on from a OSA standpoint in regards to me just feeling completely exhausted every day.  I'll admit, I wasn't good about using the CPAP much in the past few months.  But I will be using it every night going forward.  My bedroom situation has gone back to somewhat normal ... the baby who slept in there is now in the nursery so I don't have to jump around from bed to couch like I've been doing the past few months.

I've had some pretty bad episodes lately of extreme mental fatigue, lethargy, moodiness, etc.  Over the past months or more, I've really lost that drive during the day to accomplish much.  Heaven forbid I run out of rockstar, I get nothing done.  So what are some next steps I should be doing?  I never had a follow up with the sleep dr office after cpap initiation because I had horrible usage of my machine.  Should I really be scheduling with them to discuss things further?  I don't want to pay that kind of money for them just to tell me to adjust my cpap settings and try that.

Here's just a screenshot of last night.

[Image: fHSpO77h.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI is fine.... mental fatigue is not
You machine looks like it is set up well. Not sure you have much to gain by adjusting the pressure settings. Rockstar is a pretty high caffeine drink. I would avoid any consumption of that after 12 noon in the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
On your original sleep test your AHI was not bad but your O2 was kinda bad.
Have you been recording your SpO2 levels over night? Has your APAP corrected your O2 issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I've had some pretty bad episodes lately of extreme mental fatigue, lethargy, moodiness, etc.

Rockstar may be a big part of your issue. Energy drinks may seem to help in the short term, but you're actually worse off. It isn't just the caffeine that is a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you been checked for other medical conditions? Hypothyroid is the first that comes to mind.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 07:18 PM)Mogy Wrote: On your original sleep test your AHI was not bad but your O2 was kinda bad.
Have you been recording your SpO2 levels over night? Has your APAP corrected your O2 issue?

I have not been since I didn't purchase a pulse oximeter..... probably may be a good idea to get one and start monitoring this aspect
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 08:16 PM)kiwii Wrote:
Quote:I've had some pretty bad episodes lately of extreme mental fatigue, lethargy, moodiness, etc.

Rockstar may be a big part of your issue. Energy drinks may seem to help in the short term, but you're actually worse off. It isn't just the caffeine that is a problem.

Yeah I hate the fact that I've relied on an energy drink every day for several years now.  So hard to just not do anything though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 08:47 PM)Melman Wrote: Have you been checked for other medical conditions? Hypothyroid is the first that comes to mind.

Yeah I've done tons of things, saw an endo, so had thyroid checked out.  Came up low on testosterone.  My pcp says my body is just stressed from my young family situation
Post Reply Post Reply
Many male members here have the low-T issue. DAMHIK. That can make a considerable difference for you if treated, however it kind of depends on how low your current levels are, and your approach to T therapy. Search the forum and you will find a lot of threads.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Many male members here have the low-T issue. DAMHIK.  That can make a considerable difference for you if treated, however it kind of depends on how low your current levels are, and your approach to T therapy.  Search the forum and you will find a lot of threads.

I think a lot of guys are just stressed out and in today's crazy adhd, notification overload world.  My pcp was showing me the testosterone and cortisol pathways and how stress basically shunts off some of the products to testosterone and into the cortisol direction.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 244 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 404 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,081 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 358 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,526 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 577 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,033 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.