Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is fine.... mental fatigue is not
RE: AHI is fine.... mental fatigue is not
What was your level with testosterone?? Did they check your e? and SHBG??
Post Reply Post Reply
I had low testosterone due to hypoparathyroid issue, after replacement i felt about 30% of my energy came back. I usually get replacement 2-3 times a year. 

The cause for your low testosterone being "stressfull life" is of no importance. Medicine is there to fix stuff that is out of whack due to life. It's off no importance whether you have that after you hit your head or whether you have stress from being in afghanistan/irak on duty. Medicine is there to fix that right now, period. Thats why with replacement therapy you get labs done every 2 weeks to see if the values are in the norm. Then the replacement stops until you have your symptoms back. Then you replace again. First things first, get values back to norm, then you can think or stress management, or not.

I live my life how I want it and medicine is there to fix that which brakes along the way. I've been on testosterone replacement for 4 years now and im literally drowning in cortisol from stress. I can tell you it's way easier to use a gel for a few weeks, than to manage that which is beyond someones management. You can't manage stress in today's life unless you're a millionaire and live in the forest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you talking about testosterone replacement ?? Why would you stop the replacement and wait for symptoms to come back ? Not sure I understand the reasoning. I would imagine you wanna keep steady T number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2018, 09:19 AM)Chicago Wrote: Are you talking about testosterone replacement ?? Why would you stop the replacement and wait for symptoms to come back ? Not sure I understand the reasoning. I would imagine you wanna keep steady T number.

That's how therapy works here. You get replacement until your symptoms go away and your labs are in range, then you don't get any prescription anymore once your values are in the middle.
I did mention gel in my previous post because that's what most people get but I'm actually getting injections since I had rashes everywhere from the gel.
Post Reply Post Reply
injections are better comparing the gel. However, I still don’t get why would you stop being on tesyoterone. I’m sure you know that the moment you start using testosterone your own production shutdowns. Thus you will end up with lower testosterone’s than before the treatment when you stop taking it. How often do you inject? Where do you live ?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the U.S. T replacement therapy is used to maintain a steady exogenous testosterone level. It is prescribed for life or until you choose not to use it. Testing is used to verify appropriate levels are attained, but once dose is determined, it never really changes. It's got to be very hard to cycle on and off therapy. You would continually crash, then using gel slowly build back. With T-cypionate injections a very stable level is attained and maintained immediately, at a fraction of the cost of proprietary gel, and with very precise results that don't depend on absorption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2018, 10:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In the U.S. T replacement therapy is used to maintain a steady exogenous testosterone level.  It is prescribed for life or until you choose not to use it.  Testing is used to verify appropriate levels are attained, but once dose is determined, it never really changes.  It's got to be very hard to cycle on and off therapy.  You would continually crash, then using gel slowly build back.  With T-cypionate injections a very stable level is attained and maintained immediately, at a fraction of the cost of proprietary gel, and with very precise results that don't depend on absorption.

Yes, the injections are a lot better for keeping the correct levels.
With Gel it can be all over the place and there is also risk of passing it on to women that do not need testosterone.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 244 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 404 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,081 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 358 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,526 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 577 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,033 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.